( search forums )
Fullscreen <-> windowed mode
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Deleted User
March 15, 2006, 2:07 pm
Main point:
I'd really like it to be possible to alt+enter in the menus and in-game to change between windowed and fullscreen mode.

Becauuse...
It'd be so much easier than always closing soldat, opening the soldat.ini shortcut and editing Fullscreen=1/0 in the middle of a game, maybe losing your slot on the server and not being able to get back.
It's used in many other aplications so it's pretty well known by everyone.
The alt+tab is a bit weird (sometimes tries to get back in focus, pretty slow..)
If you're doing something else; server managing, talking and stuff it'd be easy to switch back to fullscreen, which in my opinion is better to play in, when you're done.

I really don't understand why this isn't implemented yet. If there's a reason do tell me.

Yuth
March 15, 2006, 5:18 pm
Good, good. *Thumb Up*

l33t lamZz0r c4mp3r
March 16, 2006, 8:34 am
Good idea, though resizing the window while playing could lag... though i could work very well!

frogboy
March 16, 2006, 8:46 am
I think the reason this hasn't been implemented is because of the length of time it takes to start Soldat in fullscreen - it usually starts, then flickers a few times, then displays the menu. At least on my computer.

If it's possible to fix that, then switching between the two would be great.

Deleted User
March 16, 2006, 2:35 pm
The fullscreen version of soldat actully resizes you resolution to 640 x 480 pixels. If you could change that width and height the interfaces and maps would be screwed.

But I would like the non fullscreen version to have a titlebar with the close and minimize buttons.

Keron Cyst
March 16, 2006, 6:02 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by jrgpThe fullscreen version of soldat actully resizes you resolution to 640 x 480 pixels. If you could change that width and height the interfaces and maps would be screwed....
We all know that. What was the purpose of that statement? That's not what he's asking :-S

Quote:... I would like the non fullscreen version to have a titlebar with the close and minimize buttons.
Yeah, I'd use that function a lot, although Alt + F4 & Alt + Tab work for me ;-)

XenocidE
March 16, 2006, 7:58 pm
Superb Idea. I really like it. But instead of CTRL+ENTER maybe a CTRL+TAB. I use that all the time in applications that use multiple tabs.

nfsjunkie91
March 16, 2006, 11:00 pm
I think Alt-Enter is more common in games that allow switching between full and windowed screen. i support this idea 100%

Koon
March 17, 2006, 12:01 am
No reason why not to. And it shouldn't be that hard to code.