( search forums )
How do I use a WM?
Soldat Forums - Server Talk - Server Help
Pyromaniac
March 15, 2006, 2:39 pm
I've downloaded a mod. It's a .RAR file, and I stuck it in the mod folder. I just have no idea what to do next, or if I've done anything right so far. Help please!

LazehBoi
March 15, 2006, 3:21 pm
.rar is like .zip. You need WinRAR (or another program that supports the filetype) to extract it.

Deleted User
March 15, 2006, 3:26 pm
Instead of the mod folder put it into the Soldat main folder. (Open the .rar file with the app from here and extract the .ini) Then start the game and type '/loadwep x.ini' with x being the name of the ini file. As you might know WM only works correctly on your own server.

Pyromaniac
March 15, 2006, 5:55 pm
Oh, crap, there is no .ini file in the .rar archive...now what? Will the mod not work? I extracted all the files to a new folder in the Soldat main folder...

Deleted User
March 15, 2006, 8:46 pm
Ummm, are you sure it's a WM? Else it might be just an ordinary one too.. if so check out the instructions here, might help.

Pyromaniac
March 15, 2006, 8:54 pm
Oh, I found out how to do it. I just needed to create a .bat file telling soldat.exe to use my mod and stick it in the Soldat folder. I guess it was just a GFX mod...as you can see, I'm new to the whole mod thing here. Thanks for your help, since you pretty much told me how to make my own .ini mod. :D