( search forums )
actual grenade collision
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
zyxstand
March 16, 2006, 11:47 pm
a very simple idea that gets rid of an annoying stupid bug:
if a grenade explodes because of a player touching it and that player is susceptible to damage from that grenade, then just make him die instantly istead of ther being like an annoying 50-50 chance of him dying depending on how much that nade lagged!

Arbalest
March 17, 2006, 6:17 am
Not exactly getting it. I don't exactly understand how nade laggs so could to elaborate a bit more?
And can you also give a list of bugs that would be removed with your suggestion?

bja888
March 17, 2006, 11:49 am
It was not ment to be a 50/50 chance. They are just extremely buggy.

Yuth
March 17, 2006, 12:49 pm
If Collide Delay will be implemented, this bug will be fixed.

bja888
March 17, 2006, 3:45 pm
lol, no it wouldn't. The explosion code would still be the same buggy piece of [CENSORED] it always has been. It will just have a delay.

zyxstand
March 17, 2006, 10:38 pm
here again to clarify:
short and simple: if grenade explodes because you touched it you die instantly no matter what... that way you won't get that buggy effect...

what do you mean with collide delay yuth?

XenocidE
March 17, 2006, 11:24 pm
The grenade would be way to affective then. If you could perfectly launch a grenade and you have 4 in your arsenal. You can easily kill the entire team with just 4 grenades. I frown upon this idea. It'd be like the knife, only more damage and if it hits you, you die.

*thumbs down*

Swarmer
March 17, 2006, 11:44 pm
@xenocide:
well, thats how nades are SUPPOSED to be. If you can land a nade on someone directly, then I don't see why it shouldn't kill them. It was kind of like this in earlier versions. However, I agree that this solution is too drastic. You will end up solving the nade-not-killing problem, but amplify the nade-killing-you-when-it-didnt-hit problem, since you are killing everyone wether if appeared on both screens as a hit or not.

XenocidE
March 18, 2006, 6:22 pm
Swarmer,

I understand that a grenade should kill someone directly upon hitting them. But if someone just spammed grenades and I accidently barely got near it when it went off I don't want to blow up. I don't think that in Normal Gameplay that the nades should be that realistic. I don't have a proper argument to hold up my opinion. It just seems like to large of a jump in power.

zyxstand
March 19, 2006, 1:45 pm
XenocideE,

I didn't say you have to be near the grenade to die - you have to be the reason for the grenade's explosion! That means you have to touch it! Furthermore, right now half the times when someone walks onto a grenade he dies. I believe the other half times he doesn't because of lagginess with the grenades... This is the only good solution to this problem...

dr.ON
March 22, 2006, 2:17 pm
Nah!