( search forums )
Limited Ammo
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Improvements Discussion
Zegovia
March 17, 2006, 10:16 am
This has been suggested for sure, i know it. but i still think that its an really intresting idea.

*The clip feeded weapons like soccom,deagles and autos would have limited number of clips. the ruger would count as one of those even if its a bolt action rifle, lets count as it uses speedloaders.

*And the shell feeded guns (m79 & spas) will have a limited number of shells at their disposal.

*The barret will only have one clip
(since it already has 10 shots of uber penetration and mutilation power, and a slow rate of fire..).

*The minigun would also only have one clip, in addition, the power could be increased if limited ammo where to be selected for a server.

Whenever the player runs out of clips/shells, he wont be able to reload anymore (duh?), however there could be ammo crates that increases the players ammo stock with X number of Shells/clips, itll get more tricky of there are few ammo crates in the field..

This option would encourage more strategic thinking and less
"COWABONGA-GUN-HO-BANZAI-FOR-KING-AND-COUNTRY!!!" acting,
unless you have a relyable stock of ammo left.

Also, senseless spraying will do nothing but to leave your gun and stock empty. whenever your staing at the base shooting in blindness in hope to hit something, or rushing the base guns blasing before you even see the enemy!

In real war/gunfights, the outcome is often decided of wich part has more ammo left at the end of it. So going all MATRIX over the place would make you more open thana gutted fish afterwards....

Example for ammo capacity for each weapon...

The number of clips mentioned after the weapons name is how many clips you have when you respawn, you cant stock up more ammo than that...

Deagles: 5 clips , each crate gives a aditional of two clips.

mp5: 4 clips, each crate gives an aditional 3 clips.

Ak74: 3 clips, crate gives 2 more clips.

steyr: 4 clips, each crate gives you 2 clips.

spas: 14 rounds, each crate gives 7 rounds more.

ruger77: 3 clips, each crate gives you 1 clip more.

m79: five rounds, each crate gives you 3 more.

Barret: 1 clip, each crate gives you 1 clip more.

Minimi: 2 clips, each crate gives you 1 clip more.

Minigun: one clip (or band, whatever), each crate gives ya 1 more.

Soccom: four clips, each crate gives aditional 3.

Chainsaw: five clips (or fuel refills.. :P), each crate gives three more.

Knife: LOL!!!

LAW: 2 rockets, a crate gives you another rocket.

This could most possibly be implented as an server option..

Discuss, post further ideas, suggestions or other comments.....please ^^

Deleted User
March 17, 2006, 11:39 am
I would like to see this coz I already suggested this. ^_^

Yuth
March 17, 2006, 1:09 pm
I have never actually thought about that there is unlimited ammo...
However, this is an awesome idea. *Thumb Up*

Though getting ammo from crates would be like getting medics for survival.
I don't like that much, so if you could like pick up clips of ammo on the ground.
That would be nice.

It's lame picking up medics to survive. And it's unfair.
That would be the point with this too if dropped in crates.

If this would be without picking up from crates it would be good.
Having like each player spawning with an amount, having to get more from others.

Zegovia
March 17, 2006, 5:16 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by YuthI have never actually thought about that there is unlimited ammo...
However, this is an awesome idea. *Thumb Up*

Though getting ammo from crates would be like getting medics for survival.
I don't like that much, so if you could like pick up clips of ammo on the ground.
That would be nice.

It's lame picking up medics to survive. And it's unfair.
That would be the point with this too if dropped in crates.

If this would be without picking up from crates it would be good.
Having like each player spawning with an amount, having to get more from others.

Picking up health packs aint unfair, its smart!
its like when using a ruger, i love to use it, and i hate to have it used against myself.. :P

As in this case, lame when someone else uses medic crates when you try to kill em, good when you yourself uses em..

Keron Cyst
March 17, 2006, 6:40 pm
Love the idea. As for ammo pickup, I think also grabbing whatever remainder of a magazine from a dropped weapon should be possible, if you carry the same type of gun.

Or can you gather ammo for any weapon even if you don't have it, and if you stumble upon the actual weapon you have extra ammo?

Deleted User
March 17, 2006, 11:04 pm
Yeah, this would be awsome, especially for r/s; might prevent the non-tactic sprayers.

m00`
March 17, 2006, 11:12 pm
i think it should be another mode like realistic mode/advanced mode etc, and hopefully it would be used a lot

XenocidE
March 17, 2006, 11:30 pm
I like the concept of the idea. R/S would be the best for this. Normal game mode I don't really see it happening. The concept also makes Soldat a little to complicated. Simplicity is what gives Soldat it's EDGE. I'm not for the idea, but if it was implamented I wouldn't frown upon it.

a-4-year-old
March 17, 2006, 11:41 pm
SERVER OPTION FTW

so servers like RS would have it and nonreal players can still have unlimited,

it would be nice, but i think MM said he wouldn't do it because of some reason (too lazy??)

barretters dont live long enought to reload

crates should fully refill like with nades.

Deleted User
March 18, 2006, 1:34 am
I support spraying. People who complain about it are ususally the ones being damaged (or killed) by the spray. Obviously the spray was strategically placed if it hurt someone. If the spray isn't hurting anyone, then all people can complain about is lag.

I don't know about you guys, but I think it'd be kind of fun to steal all the ammo crates. I'd start shooting with a machine gun and walk through all the ammo crates.

This is probably why the health umm.. squares heal you completely - otherwise people who are nearly dead would take them all.

But this would be a great feature for survival mode. No ammo crates.

Raptor
March 18, 2006, 2:52 am
This is a freakin' good idea man! Agree

Yuth
March 18, 2006, 5:04 am
 Quote:Originally posted by Zegovia

its like when using a ruger, i love to use it, and i hate to have it used against myself.. :P

As in this case, lame when someone else uses medic crates when you try to kill em, good when you yourself uses em..

It's stupid, only works for Turn Based games.
In my opinion it was a stupid thing to implement from the start.

a-4-year-old
March 18, 2006, 5:06 am
 Quote:Originally posted by Yuth[br

what, guns?

Deleted User
March 18, 2006, 7:52 am
*thumbs up* although i would like to see the guns that are dropped retain their bullets, or have a ammo pickup above them

Zegovia
March 19, 2006, 1:33 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by Yuth Quote:Originally posted by Zegovia

Sounds like youve had too many of the "sh*t happens" scenarios when the enemy snatches a medic box before you managed to kill him and nails you thereafter...

Dibi Zibi
March 19, 2006, 2:38 pm
yes, yes, yes, but only like a option, or in realistic mode.

mar77a
March 19, 2006, 2:43 pm
go ahead, make soldat more skilled :(

Deleted User
March 19, 2006, 2:58 pm
I like this if this is opinion But however i love the idea!!

HYPERFUNKBOT
March 19, 2006, 3:32 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by shoesI support spraying. People who complain about it are ususally the ones being damaged (or killed) by the spray. Obviously the spray was strategically placed if it hurt someone. If the spray isn't hurting anyone, then all people can complain about is lag.

I don't know about you guys, but I think it'd be kind of fun to steal all the ammo crates. I'd start shooting with a machine gun and walk through all the ammo crates.

This is probably why the health umm.. squares heal you completely - otherwise people who are nearly dead would take them all.

But this would be a great feature for survival mode. No ammo crates.

Obviously you've never played an inf map while on red where you have to attack with little jet fuel, be prepared for blue just to spray the entire time and not a single red player being able to get through the wall of death.

Deleted User
March 19, 2006, 5:02 pm
This would be a nice idea to add like but only as an option, or maybe just in real mode, but having limted ammo should also mean there would be ammo pick ups like gernades,of course they would litter game now, but yea you get my drift

bboy new
March 19, 2006, 11:26 pm
it would be good but i think the crates should give you as much as you need and be unlimited

Deleted User
March 20, 2006, 1:02 am
Exactly, there's some smart spray. We need that.

-Ghost-
March 20, 2006, 1:15 am
I think it would be a good plan, although I would have to get a new gun because I sometimes (on bad days) use up to 6 clips (STOP LAUGHING) to take out a guy or two.

HYPERFUNKBOT
March 20, 2006, 2:46 am
I'm not saying that's smart spraying, on maps like that it's simply impossible for red to succeed unless blue doesn't spray.

tRaQs
March 20, 2006, 4:51 am
Definitely an idea for realistic, but don't ruin the classic regular shoot 'em up soldat.

Deleted User
March 20, 2006, 5:11 am
Unless the maps are coated with ammo, the amount you start with is ridiculous. One clip for mini? Are you for real?

Could be a cool option though.

Zegovia
March 20, 2006, 8:12 am
 Quote:Originally posted by Officer_BulbockUnless the maps are coated with ammo, the amount you start with is ridiculous. One clip for mini? Are you for real?

Could be a cool option though.

That whas just an example.... im sure people can think something out.

However, when thinking of how big the minigun is, and how many shots it uses. There could be some compensation for it, like itll become more powerfull in [LA] (yay new word....maybe...) games..

HYPERFUNKBOT
March 20, 2006, 10:08 pm
Perhaps killing an enemy would cause them to drop an ammo crate.

bond_james_bond
March 20, 2006, 10:25 pm
Ok, first of all:

To me, spraying is a tactic. Although you will most likely not kill anyone, weakening an enemy is good enough for your allies to finish him off. Spraying gives your allies a good feeling that they have support and backup.
But when an entire team sprays... nevermind that. Also, a person who simply stands and shoots is not spraying, he's noobing!

.. ill finish later

Secondly:

I dislike the idea of limited ammo. As many of you have probably heard, Soldat is primarily a fast-paced, nonstop, gory, funny game. To limit the amount of ammo would eliminate everything

Leo
March 20, 2006, 10:29 pm
I full support it like a server option.

Deleted User
March 21, 2006, 5:02 am
a) No, because it isn't soldat and I, for one, don't want to have to resort to punching when holding the flag in a stalemate and there are no ammo boxes. Also, clips get used up fast. I could go through 3-4 MP5 clips 1-way on a small (Laos, for example) map, assuming I don't go back for health/nades.

b) Ruger is clip(box) fed, just fyi.

c) Saying that barreters don't last long enough to reload just shows you've never played against a good one.

Zegovia
March 21, 2006, 8:12 am
 Quote:Originally posted by bond_james_bondOk, first of all:

To me, spraying is a tactic. Although you will most likely not kill anyone, weakening an enemy is good enough for your allies to finish him off. Spraying gives your allies a good feeling that they have support and backup.
But when an entire team sprays... nevermind that. Also, a person who simply stands and shoots is not spraying, he's noobing!

.. ill finish later

Secondly:

I dislike the idea of limited ammo. As many of you have probably heard, Soldat is primarily a fast-paced, nonstop, gory, funny game. To limit the amount of ammo would eliminate everything

True, but its an unexplored feature, how do you know it will suck unless you try it? and im not like saying that if this where to be implented so should EVERY single server use it, of course not. :P

As people said earlier, it would be welcome in Realistic (and/or survival) servers... or perhaps Rambomatches, if the bow had limited ammo,the rambo would have to go collect a quiver of arrows that are spawned at sertain points on the map. ;)

Also im excited of how a team deathmatch would turn out with [LA], the team will have to work together and save ammo and not run away on their own.... (if mixed with realistic....MMMMM....Yummy!!)

Oh and Funkbots idea, that someone drops a ammo crate when he/she/it gets killed.... i kinda like that one.... :D

EmperorofChoas
March 21, 2006, 1:22 pm
 Quote:This could most possibly be implented as an server option..

....Agreed ^ ..as long as it's an Option....

moep
March 21, 2006, 11:59 pm
In my opinion it's a bad idea to replace the default gameplay with this one. It would ruin everything. (Anyway, somehow I like this idea - it should be added as an option, like the advanced mode)

EzStEvIe2k2
March 22, 2006, 3:29 am
Yep, good idea. I think it should only be for r/s, it is the best idea for r/s makes even mroe realistic and fun, however noobs will complain like noobs. The ammo crates should be scattered randomly throughout the map everytime a new game starts or map. There should be like a random amount of crates depending on how many players are in game, that way it would make small games like 3v3 be tougher. For example 6v6- 20 crates 3v3- 10 crates or something like that.

"2Thumbs-Up for Limited Ammo :D"

EzStEvIe2k2
March 22, 2006, 3:34 am
Oh yeah one more thing, to prevent people from jacking all ammo by wasting there all their ammo, we can amke it like after u pick a crate up u cant pick another one up for like 5-10 minutes.

Zegovia
March 22, 2006, 8:35 am
 Quote:Originally posted by EzStEvIe2k2Yep, good idea. I think it should only be for r/s, it is the best idea for r/s makes even mroe realistic and fun, however noobs will complain like noobs. The ammo crates should be scattered randomly throughout the map everytime a new game starts or map. There should be like a random amount of crates depending on how many players are in game, that way it would make small games like 3v3 be tougher. For example 6v6- 20 crates 3v3- 10 crates or something like that.

"2Thumbs-Up for Limited Ammo :D"

I whas more like thinking of that there should be quite few ammo crates on the maps, so people would start brawling over em... :P

l33t lamZz0r c4mp3r
March 22, 2006, 10:48 am
wtf happens when you run out? use damnned fists?

Zegovia
March 23, 2006, 6:15 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by l33t lamZz0r c4mp3rwtf happens when you run out? use damnned fists?

Yes.... and what about it?

Deleted User
March 24, 2006, 7:56 pm
I kinda like this idea, and hey, if we all run outta ammo, Boxing crazy! :D If that fails, give secondaries unlimited ammo :|

I support this mainly for one hit kill spammers.... Cuz nothin' is more fun than being killed by random m79 shells *cough cough*

Arbalest
March 26, 2006, 8:59 pm
Woah popular idea. Looks like i can't use M79 that often now (Nuu, the good old days..)! Still I like the idea and I would support Mr.Angry's idea of still giving unlimited ammos to secondary weapon. This way soldats changes but still keeps that tiny bit of the good old part.

Zegovia
March 27, 2006, 8:40 am
 Quote:Originally posted by ArbalestWoah popular idea. Looks like i can't use M79 that often now (Nuu, the good old days..)! Still I like the idea and I would support Mr.Angry's idea of still giving unlimited ammos to secondary weapon. This way soldats changes but still keeps that tiny bit of the good old part.

Its a server option, its meant to be a big leap.... :P or maybe not...depends....

i like the short part on the idea of unlimited ammo to secondaries, but not for the soccom and law, since the soccom is more like a backup weapon and is meant to be used as a last resort if the primary runs our, if it had unlimited, everyone would choose it.. same goes for the Law.. wich is just more like an free kill during the "first clash".....

The chainsaw would however be capable of unlimited ammo, it has such a short reach and you waste most of your fuel as you aproach your enemy, and people often use that to their advantage and keep a distance and shoot em...

The knife.....errrr... just one... case closed! :P

Quote:Originally posted by Noza) No, because it isn't soldat and I, for one, don't want to have to resort to punching when holding the flag in a stalemate and there are no ammo boxes. Also, clips get used up fast. I could go through 3-4 MP5 clips 1-way on a small (Laos, for example) map, assuming I don't go back for health/nades.

b) Ruger is clip(box) fed, just fyi.

c) Saying that barreters don't last long enough to reload just shows you've never played against a good one.

A) the crates wouldnt be limited, they would respawn from time to time in the same manner as medic packs and nade boxes.

And as for wasting clips one way through, i think you just have to learn how to save ammo.. ;)

Also, people who respawn will have ammo at the spot....

B) In real life, the real life ruger is a bolt action, you reload it one bullet at a time (like with spas), but there is Speed loaders where you just click in the entire mag in a go... asuming the current ruger is using speed loaders, it would count as a clip weapon..

C) Maybe i have..... but i dont think they waste the entire clip in an instant either... and they can rely on secondaries whenever they get out of ammo and have no crates to resupply them, like for everyone else...

Pero
April 1, 2006, 8:30 pm
your just complicating a simple game.hell no

Messiah
April 2, 2006, 1:59 am
I really dont like this idea, that i have to run back to a crate for some ammo, i love the way you have an infinit amount of ammo with you, although this could decrease spray, but then again people would just stand on the crates and spam them all day, so no in my opinon.

- Tek -
April 2, 2006, 5:32 am
and on the next episode

limited jet fuel

vash763
April 2, 2006, 11:35 am
OH GOD YES.

In realistic that is.

It's a great idea, but it ruins the arcade feel of Soldat.

Add it to realizticzo0rz

Antifate
April 4, 2006, 12:26 am
I'd like it... Knife is still, you know a knife... So you'd see more knives around since all other weapons need ammo...

_Mancer_
April 4, 2006, 1:29 am
Server option.

also, for some reason I laughed at this:

Quote:Knife: LOL!!!

Deleted User
April 4, 2006, 1:47 am
Every interesting idea these days are thrown towards realistic mode...

And what's this talk about fast paced? Maybe for *cough* you people but I usually need to tread slowly and carefully so I can observe the landscape for snipers or aviod being *cough* ambushed...

NubX
April 18, 2006, 2:37 pm
i realy would like a maximum of magazins ..on whitch way you get new one ..falling down from heavwn or ammo stations ..i dont know but i think it would be nice to have this option for all game modes and if the serveradmin dont want a maximum of magazins so he can this otion switch off :) !!! i realy want have this idea in game ... more possibilitys = more fun XD

Raptor
April 18, 2006, 4:16 pm
^They should appear the same way medikits do.

LUNATiC
April 18, 2006, 8:26 pm
I completely support this idea, if only for a new server option alongside Realistic, Survival and Advance: Limited Ammo. It's one of the only ways to force players to play more realistically, if they have only so much ammo and can't go in all BANZAIYIYIYIYI, but instead have to wait for a target to come in range.

It also might limit the Barret and SPAS n00bs (which I'm one of... :P).

Zegovia
April 19, 2006, 11:21 am
 Quote:Originally posted by LUNATiCI completely support this idea, if only for a new server option alongside Realistic, Survival and Advance: Limited Ammo. It's one of the only ways to force players to play more realistically, if they have only so much ammo and can't go in all BANZAIYIYIYIYI, but instead have to wait for a target to come in range.

It also might limit the Barret and SPAS n00bs (which I'm one of... :P).

Or at leas take more caution when moving... :P

Deleted User
April 19, 2006, 3:13 pm
No?

Soldat would be no fun with limited ammo.

Server option, then yes.

divix
May 27, 2006, 2:08 pm
hell ya it will be fun with limited ammo!!!!

this idea rocks!!!