( search forums )
Gamepad
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Rusty_Screw
March 18, 2006, 2:00 am
I think that making the game gamepad compatible would sortof give us a hint if Soldat ever went to the consoles we would be ready to pwn :D

person
March 18, 2006, 1:46 pm
You can't use a gamepad already? as if...

Captain Ben
March 18, 2006, 2:46 pm
No, you can't use a gamepad.
I'm all up for it, but I can definetly see issues between the aiming transition from mouse to secondary control stick, but that is if your game pad even has a 'C-Stick'...

Rusty_Screw
March 18, 2006, 6:09 pm
I perfer the Logitech Dual Action controller because it looks just like a PS2.I agree there would be issues with the aiming but I got adjusted to the aiming wit mouse so I think we all could adjust if we tried hard.

Raptor
March 19, 2006, 1:26 am
I'm so sorry for this question, but what is a gamepad? x__X

Deleted User
March 19, 2006, 1:34 am
I think its like a console controller for pc... good for certain games and emulators :P
and why would you want to use a controller for soldat? your aim would be crappened by 90%

Rusty_Screw
March 19, 2006, 1:51 am
I know it would be crappy but say some1 had a console for ages and mastered the shoot em up games and than he got a pc and bought himself a gamepad and started playing soldat.

Deleted User
March 19, 2006, 3:18 am
I would say if that person spent 3 days or more familiarizing with the mouse he would have better aim than the console guy with a years experience. if it do get supported we could have a match to test the theory ^^

Rusty_Screw
March 19, 2006, 6:17 pm
yea good idea I think someone should make a patch or something and we'll test it out

Koon
March 21, 2006, 1:08 am
Aiming with a gamepad would be all but impossible. Even if you were really accurate it would be hard to adjust your aim back and forth across the screen quickly.

Leo Da Lunerfox
March 21, 2006, 1:51 am
The Logitech Dual Action Controllers allow games that dosen't support gamepads to play it by substituting keyboard presses with the controller's keys. And then the C stick can be configured to emulate the mouse, so in theory, that will work. However, it's not exactly that fun.

Rusty_Screw
March 22, 2006, 1:58 am
OMG SERIOUSLY!? Im gonna plug mine in and see what happens :P

a-4-year-old
March 22, 2006, 2:38 am
*explodes*

it would be a huge disadvantage, imagine trying to play an fps with a gamecube controller while everyone else uses keyboard and mouse

Koon
March 22, 2006, 4:21 am
You couldn't use an actual gamecube controller, the design is copyrighted and they dont make them for computers. Special gamepads are made for PCs.

-Ghost-
March 22, 2006, 5:47 am
I dont think a gamepad would be a good idea, the aiming "D-pad" or whatever would be difficlt to control, the "mini-joystick" probobly wouldnt respond fast enough without it spazing, and you would need a ton of buttons :/

a-4-year-old
March 22, 2006, 9:50 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by KoonYou couldn't use an actual gamecube controller, the design is copyrighted and they dont make them for computers. Special gamepads are made for PCs.

exageration (i hope that is spelled correctly)

but how about an air-sim controller, that would be bad to.

dr.ON
March 23, 2006, 1:05 am
I wont use gamepad in soldat.
I dont think that sum1 will use it...

Deleted User
March 23, 2006, 1:34 am
Yeah, but what if you increase the mouse sensitivity in a C-stick.
Might be possible, but a mouse is just hell of alot more better.

I dont understand how people can playon a labtop, and the little thing were you have to run your fingers. Ugh weird.

Rusty_Screw
March 23, 2006, 4:08 am
OR if they made a light gun for pc and you used keyboard to move your guy around than aim with the light gun, P.S. My gamepad didnt do crap didnt even try to work

Mini G Master
March 30, 2006, 2:39 am
How bout those halo (1) players? They probably can play it on the Xbox and pc. (Izzit possible? cuz' i dont have an Xbox)

I LIKE the idea.