( search forums )
DM_Halo Blood Gulch Alpha
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
ChaosFlame126
March 18, 2006, 2:20 am
Download it here: http://mr.netpub.org/map.php?id=210 I think... Or goto : http://mr.netpub.org/soldat/index.php and find it in the DM maps.

Eagles_Arrows
March 18, 2006, 2:23 am
One problem that tends to bug me: You've changed the file extension to nothing!

All Soldat maps must have a .PMS file extension; update the map with that extension so I can check it out on a mapmaker or something. Or, if it's a Zip or Rar file, add extension ".zip" or ".rar," but I doubt that you will recover it.

Already by telling from the screenshot, you have unconnected polys.

ChaosFlame126
March 18, 2006, 2:39 am
Uh whoops... the screen shot was taken before I stuck it in a .zip format and I moddited it after that pic. Sorry about that. Also I just connected all the pollys together just for you!!! And I updated them both just now. But uh what were you saying about the file extension?

Raptor
March 18, 2006, 2:49 am
Thanks for changing your map, many mappers don't do that..

ChaosFlame126
March 18, 2006, 3:32 am
No problem. Since it is my map I want it to be close to perfection by my standerds. And I was going to fix it at some point.

Eagles_Arrows
March 18, 2006, 3:54 am
Since this is a zip file, you should have a ".zip" extension next to "Blood" so users can gain access to your maps easily (by double-clicking it). However, because it does not have a ".zip" extension, I have to go through a bit of trouble to open it in WinRar/Zip.

Just add ".zip" after the file name and update the page.

Now onto Map Evaluation:

Pros:
> Good for Zombie matches & such.

Cons:
> Gameplay Issues, online matches might not be fun.
> You need a 'CTF_' copy of the map for a CTF game.
> Awkward scenery
> Bears little resemblence of the actual Blood Gulch map.

You've put some effort in it, I see, but because the forts are so close to eachother, I see signs of spraying. Plus, players can "hide" inside the forts and may cause confusion.