( search forums )
ctf_sethscft
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Seth
March 18, 2006, 2:42 am
Its a CTF map, Its not the best but I think its O.K. For a first ever attempt, Feel free to judge just dont be too harsh http://www.freewebs.com/nicolesbabyboy/ctf_Sethscft1.PMS

Raptor
March 18, 2006, 2:48 am
Screens please -_-

Deleted User
March 18, 2006, 3:48 am
[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

Eagles_Arrows
March 18, 2006, 4:03 am
Pros:
> I like how you made the ground all rugged.
> A pretty good layout.

Cons:
> Routes are too narrow - may create gameplay issues.
> You spread the spawns out too much - you can spawn in a map where you are already halfway there to the enemy base.
> You need to use a wider range of scenery next time - the same bush throughout the map? >_<

Seth
March 18, 2006, 5:56 am
Yea I also noticed the narrow passage ways, The spawn points are being reconfigured after I complete my next project, Just used that bush through out the map for something to hide behind lol, And I actually got the idea for the map off of "The Cronicles Of Ridd!ck" (Srry it Censorded it lol), But hey like I said its a first time, Also thanks for your input

Deleted User
March 18, 2006, 6:20 am
i would set the opacity down too, otherwise you are gonna get campers in each base. Also, the spawns, I for one like the feel of this map, its just the spawns, over one hill and you've entered spawnkilling territory

Seth
March 18, 2006, 7:03 am
I just finished drawing up the plans for my next project, Yes I'm going to fix the spawn points, As far as the opacity goes, I'm just leaving it as is until i get a better feel of polyworks, I'd say by tomarrow evening or tomarrow night I should have another map created, Once I get some experience under my belt with polyworks im going to start hosting a server strictly with my maps, So I'd say by the end of next month I should have 20-30 decent maps on my server.. All I ask of the community is to test my maps and tell me what all I need to improve on, Thanks alot for the input and dont forget theres plenty more to come

Deleted User
March 18, 2006, 7:27 am
wow, 20-30 decent maps by the end of next month would be impressive, i'll help test

Mothafix
March 18, 2006, 8:40 am
Map needs shading.....................................................
And routes are boring try add some scenery

Soulsnipa
March 18, 2006, 8:45 am
its not really that bad, I've done that outline thing before on a few of my maps I think it looks cool.

Basically create and edge that is all black and 1px wide.

Seth
March 18, 2006, 9:04 am
Hey guys, Shew I'm wore out its 4:00 am and I just finished another map, This one is a Death Match map, I posted it as Seth's Death Match 1, Heres the link to the topic if ya dont wanna look for it http://www.soldatforums.com/topic.asp?topic_id=32519 Thanks...