( search forums )
New ideas!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Improvements Discussion
Dibi Zibi
March 18, 2006, 1:18 pm
Hallo!

I have got some great ideas:

1) I think that doors, and lifts, will be very fine. Thik about it.

2) New game type: Searching, on the map, will be placed some flags(maybe 10, or more). Two teams must find flags, and bring theme to the base. Who brings more flag, wins!

3) Mines, smoke granades, and flash-bang granades. Player can choose it, in weapons menu.

4) New stationary gun. Low power, max speed, short rage.

5) Bot comands. (cover me, attack, defend, etc.)

6)Water.

What do you think about it?

CrazyKid980
March 18, 2006, 2:50 pm
1.) Would be cool, but I dont think so.
2.) Sounds kinda challenging, I like it.
3.) There's been suggestions about that, and I like them.
4.) You mean like a stationary Minigun turret? That sounds alright.
5.) I think that was suggested, but didn't make it.
6.) No, countless suggestions of water, and none of them make it.
Overall: 3/6

Yuth
March 18, 2006, 4:36 pm
1) *Thumb Up*
2) *Thumb Up* (Cool thang)
3) *Thumb Up*
4) I don't think so. (The current one is fine)
5) I don't think so. (Not really needed, aye?)
6) *Thumb Up* This should be implemented later on; when Michal has more experience.

Dibi Zibi
March 18, 2006, 5:46 pm
when i write "water", i dont think about waves. I think, that is an arena, with blue(or green) background, where player can go up, and down, left and right. I knot, that real water is impossible in soldat.

bl00dy_n0se
March 18, 2006, 9:18 pm
The best idea is this new gamemode you mentioned, sounds very cool :)
Others are not really needed and would just lead to more bugs in the game imo

Keron Cyst
March 18, 2006, 9:32 pm
The flag-search game mode idea is really, really interesting. I can see a LOT of tactics for that.

BTW, the way the game is programmed, #1 is impossible. And you can just change your own SG (#4) in a weapon mod.

Nuts
March 19, 2006, 12:41 pm
1) Yeah, would be good.
2) That idea sounds really fun! I can see how soldiers are killing each others to get more flags... :)
3) Mines, nah. Smoke, yeah. Flash, mm... maybe.
4) Naa, its fine now.
5) Yeah, but its hard to code, what bots we have now are dumb which dont actually have any kind of AI.
6) Yeah, already suggested, but i'd like to see water.

Possible ideas in the moment: 2, 3, 4
Impossible ideas: 1, 5, 6

Deleted User
March 19, 2006, 5:10 pm
I like them all, but number 3, no mines, that would just suck, i hate it in the first place when people put pits i can see and i die, mines would just piss me off and i would make sure i went to a room with out them in it, smoke, no, smoke gernades, lets there are no upsides to this idea, it would just give away your postition, cover would be pointless because people would just spray into your cloud, it would be just another thing to clog up my ram and lag servers, pluse people would be doing stupid things with them, like covering the whole base in smoke nades and clogging every thing, smoke nades ARE A NO GO! ... flash nades, i dont know how that would work, there really isnt any way for it to work

l33t lamZz0r c4mp3r
March 22, 2006, 11:07 am
1)No need for jet packs then...
2)Dont like it... game type sounds to sissy
3)Nade types already thought of... chosing in menu would be good idea
4)Stat. guns are n00b... no
5)Good idea for ppl who have no friends or need training
6)This is already made but only shallow water... though if real physics were incorperated with water (e.g Floating, swimming, slower bullets, bad visibility, limited breath) would be great...