( search forums )
Secondary Weapons For Bots
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Antifate
March 18, 2006, 6:33 pm
As the title suggests, I would like to see some secondary weapon usage from bots. It'd bring a little more depth into bot play.

Your thoughts?

Elephant_Hunter
March 19, 2006, 10:24 am
I believe that bots can already use secondary weapons. The boogie man, for instance, wields the chainsaw.

You're probably asking for more advanced bot usage of secondary weapons. I've never seen a bot throw his knife or pickup a better weapon in advance mode. That would be an element worth adding to the game.

Deleted User
March 19, 2006, 6:17 pm
Yah he's right, bots do use secondary weapons....use the bot maker if you want them to use secondaries

Antifate
March 19, 2006, 8:48 pm
Sorry, I was sort of implying more advanced secondary usage. As in, missing a barret shot, and switching to a secondary.

rabidhamster
March 19, 2006, 9:22 pm
that would be neat. and then, when the bot reaches a clean section of the map, he'll switch back to barret?

Antifate
March 20, 2006, 9:36 pm
Yeah, more tactical usage. It'd be more challenging at least. Possibly, when you lower the bot level, to stupid or something, they stop using the guns.

Koon
March 21, 2006, 1:10 am
I bet Michal considered this when he first made the secondaries but he's lazy and probably decided he didn't want to figure it out. No offense intended to MM of course. ;)

dr.ON
March 23, 2006, 1:29 am
Who the hell plays with bots?
It's good idea, it will only upgrade soldat, it can't make worse.

Deleted User
March 25, 2006, 9:25 am
useless. just play online

Koon
March 25, 2006, 6:26 pm
not useless. Like dr.ON said, it cant hurt and it would make playing bots while waiting for people to join your server a little more challenging.

Keron Cyst
March 26, 2006, 3:24 am
 Quote:Originally posted by dr.ONWho the hell plays with bots?...
I do, and I'd love the extra bot-programming. I absolutely HATE the online community; it consists of only either h4x0rz or swearing n00bs nowadays.

Deleted User
March 27, 2006, 1:42 am
i agree with Keron...i like playing online...but since 1.2.1 i think th eonline community has taken a gunshot wound to the stomache.
And yes... i agree with this 100%.
making them throw knives would be sooooo much fun