( search forums )
Sniper Haters : (
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
FadeWolf
March 18, 2006, 7:39 pm
Hi, im new to this website but not to Soldat. Im really only good at sniping, and everyone on Soldat hates me for it :(

I think people dont realize how much patience and accuracy it takes to use a sniper rifle. I have recentley been banned from about 3 servers for using "sniper tactics", so I tried to use some other weapons, but I really stink with them. What should I do?

Deleted User
March 18, 2006, 7:54 pm
I dislike snipers myself... nothing more annoying than to hit a person 8 times with a weapon only to get killed in 1 microsec by that person.

you could play on the right servers or find another weapon. (ruger could be an alternative)

Dibi Zibi
March 18, 2006, 8:14 pm
I like sniper rifle, and i like to camp.
I think, you should try to use ruger 77, or, if you stink, with it too, maybe you can use a sniper rifle, but in move?

FadeWolf
March 18, 2006, 8:17 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by Dibi ZibiI like sniper rifle, and i like to camp.
I think, you should try to use ruger 77, or, if you stink, with it too, maybe you can use a sniper rifle, but in move?

true. I usually either camp, or move around but with a back up socom.

I'm... mediocre... If I may say with the ruger...

person
March 18, 2006, 8:21 pm
Maybe you should actually try and get better with a different weapon?

Someone can be known for using a weapon a lot, and that's never really a great thing. It's much better to be good with a bunch of guns and be known to be great with one. People who can only use one gun don't command much respect, and rightfully so.

If you can actually play well against decent opponents with your barret and they complain; your weapon choice definetly would need a bit of an expansion. Playing with just the baz is limiting yourself from experiencing and learning a lot in the game.

bja888
March 18, 2006, 8:48 pm
Reasons why I would not like a sniper....

Point blank shots
You will get hit at least 3 times before I am in point blank range. Bink is not strong enough to effect your shot and my efforts will still feel futile.

Sticking your gun where it doesn't belong
If two people are fighting off in the distance and you can take ether of them. It is honorable to wait for them to finish before you begin your attack. Nothing worse them putting 10 well placed bullets into your opponent just to be picked off by a noob in a bush. Then have you kill finished by a weak little socom round.

Run [CENSORED]! Run while you can.
So you missed, accept your death like a good soldier. Don't run off like a little pansy. That will teach you not to miss.

A noob in the bush is worth 2 in the hand
My nade mod makes you stick out like a sore thumb. Don't even try hiding. When I have a sniper, I sit out in the open so I know there is nothing to stop the bullets long journey to your head.

EDIT: lol, having extreme posing troubles

FadeWolf
March 18, 2006, 8:56 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by bja888Reasons why I would not like a sniper....

Point blank shots
You will get hit at least 3 times before I am in point blank range. Bink is not strong enough to effect your shot and my efforts will still feel futile.

If two people are fighting off in the distance and you can take ether of them. It is honorable to wait for them to finish before you begin your attack. Nothing worse them putting 10 well placed bullets into your opponent just to be picked off by a noob in a bush. Then have you kill finished by a weak little socom round.

So you missed, accept your death like a good soldier. Don't run off like a little pansy. That will teach you not to miss.

My nade mod makes you stick out like a sore thumb. Don't even try hiding. When I have a sniper, I sit out in the open so I know there is nothing to stop the bullets long journey to your head.

1. yeah, good point.

2. I dont usually go into a deathmatch, so I dont worry about two guys goin at it and a perfect shot.

3. When I miss I take out my socom, I dont run unless I get low on health.

4. wtf are you talking about? And im no [CENSORED] noob either.

DeMonIc
March 18, 2006, 8:58 pm
Sniper tactics? Ineffective. What advantage does your team get out of a static defender who can take out one enemy out of a three man rush before he goes down? Nothing.

Be fast like lightning, accurate like a surgeon and deadly as the plague. Whenever I pick up number 8, I'll be taking down more than three people with my rush: more than you will get by sitting in a bush waiting for the enemy.

bja888
March 18, 2006, 9:12 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by FadeWolf
4. wtf are you talking about? And im no [CENSORED] noob either.

Was not meant as a personal attack. Sorry if it came across that way.

The point is, hiding in a bush in not only futile but you might hit a collider and not get anywhere near your target.

bja888
March 18, 2006, 9:15 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by DeMonIcSniper tactics? Ineffective. What advantage does your team get out of a static defender who can take out one enemy out of a three man rush before he goes down? Nothing.

I never though of it that way. Think about it....
3 autos vs 2 autos and a sniper.

Sniper will only get one shot off. If it is a miss then the other 2 guys on the team are SOL.

tRaQs
March 19, 2006, 5:23 am
Trust me, as hard as it seems, you can get better with a weapon.

Start off on team match servers, a little less commotion and people to back you up, it helps you get used to a weapon.

Think of a weapon that would act as a good back up for a weapon. The Ruger for example, is a slower reload, and if you have hit them with two shots, only need to hurt them a bit more, so use the socom. A Spas however, can reload one at a time, and is fatal close range, making weapons like socom knife and chainsaw near useless as back ups, but the spas does shoot enemies farther away and can be mediocre long range, so a law would be a good idea.

Have your mentality of how your weapon should be used, you wouldn't try and rush a team with the barret, while a quick auto like the HK MP5 might do the trick. However, the person using a Barret could play passively and pick off the low range HK from a distance, not nesscesarily camping either.

Within a week you will become fairly good at your weapon, and all that will be left is to master it.

UGK
March 19, 2006, 5:35 am
 Quote:Originally posted by bja888Reasons why I would not like a sniper....

Point blank shots

4. Lol, I have this mod called " The Rainbow Mod". The barret is BRIGHT red, so I can spot campers easily. It goes for all the other guns too. My Ak is yellow. And so on and so on....

Deleted User
March 19, 2006, 9:44 am
:( ^ cheap :p. I have no gripe with Barrets in either Realistic or Normal modes. Although many can use it, it is amusing to come across those who can adeptly weild it.

Elephant_Hunter
March 19, 2006, 10:13 am
I strongly recommend that you continue being a sniper if you feel powerful using the Barret. I know there are dolts in here that will disagree, but in clan wars one good sniper could mean the game. Nothing is more annoying for the enemy, nor more useful for your team, than a tactical one-shot-killer.

Having been banned in three servers is a good sign that you are talented, FadeWolf. Don't let the rest of these chaps give you a hard time for being better.

livingdalife
March 19, 2006, 10:30 am
Well Said Elaphant hunter Go you Good Sniper Fadewolf!

DeMonIc
March 19, 2006, 10:42 am
With all due respect, in clanwars nothing is more important than offense. Having a static defender will not win you the game, not even if he can beat Duck Hunt with his eyes closed. If you don't learn to move fast while killing with the barret, you're as good as dead: you will get binked, and there's a fine chance that you won't be finding any medikits in the heat of battle.

Leo Da Lunerfox
March 19, 2006, 11:15 am
Of course, Elephanthunter is talking about a GOOD sniper, which means he does things in a clan war that will certainly not be "Static Defender" Theres no doubt that a good Barret user, or even a good M79er, can clear the alternate route in the most secure and safe way, and still have enough life left to help the main assault at the enemy base.

Zegovia
March 19, 2006, 1:25 pm
Okay okay... lemme bring up how i belive a sniper should act...

A sniper is someone that works alone (or in pairs..) and that uses a loong range weapon (barret!) in order to weaken the enemy behind the lines before they advance at your comrades, or before your comrades advances at them, in other words... softening em up.

Snipers takes caution of where they hide and what they are aiming for, they take out the biggest threats, like a person with a powerfull weapon, or the one in charge..... to decrease morale and fighting capability.

Stealth is essential, bullets are priceless, one missed bullet can reveal your location in an instant! Thats why They relocate their position whenever they get spotted and when they have already taken out enough enemys, a dead sniper is for no use for the team...

This thing you say about point blank shoots, thats how a camper acts, they stay in those freakin bushes and wait so the enemy get so close they cant miss and BANG!

Real snipers takes em out before they get to close so they see where they where....

mar77a
March 19, 2006, 1:52 pm
Bleh, first, this happens with all weapons.

Second, Demonic, the guy said he was good sniping, so switching from sniping to rushing with the barret is hell different. And yes, a good sniper can make the difference in a cw but he has to be very effective (80% at least?).

FadeWolf
March 19, 2006, 4:07 pm
Ive been on a four-sniper team before :D. I actually am both a defender and an attacker.

If I miss a bullet when an enemy is nearby I whip out the Socom, in which, actually, I usually end up killing the target. And im not afraid to jump from my sniping position, anything to stop the target I suppose.

Deleted User
March 19, 2006, 4:33 pm
Im not anymore sniper haters because its now balanced =)

FadeWolf
March 19, 2006, 4:37 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by sotijaIm not anymore sniper haters because its now balanced =)

.....wuh?

Oh yeah, Im getting pretty good with the machine gun [errrg, which one... cant remember!] And I got first place in a deathmatch using a berret.

Chakra`
March 19, 2006, 4:52 pm
Best sniper I know who never got any stick for using barret was Camping Carl. Even on a 56k modem, he knew how to use it like a pro ... he'd change position all the time, anticipate the enemy, take a shot, move to another position, take another shot, etc...

He could change the tide.

mar77a
March 19, 2006, 5:18 pm
Mmm, i remember Alucard beeing a very good sniper.

lordrohith
March 20, 2006, 10:54 pm
Camping Carl... I remember playing with him...Pretty good barret user. I've played with him on u13.

Mr. Raccoon
March 23, 2006, 8:30 pm
As soon as I see a barett camper i humiliate him with knife till he leaves the server ;x

Deleted User
March 23, 2006, 8:37 pm
If a player says you are a noob, hacker, idiot, [CENSORED], [CENSORED], SoB, ect.. when you are sniping him. Just know that you are doing your job right :P