( search forums )
Hit indicator
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Raptor
March 19, 2006, 1:56 am
When you throw a grenade in a hole, you don't know if there are soldiers in there, or if you shoot a bullet in the air, you never know if you hit somebody. So, it would be cool if whenever you hit somebody, or if somebody is hit by one of your grenades, the cursor becomes red, or changes form, to indicate you that you have hit somebody.

livingdalife
March 19, 2006, 10:40 am
Definately need this...

blackdevil0742
March 19, 2006, 11:05 am
This could be abused with autos that you can fire from a long distance and then just see if you hit someone with the hit indicator.

Deleted User
March 19, 2006, 11:27 am
Yeah this could be used as abusive spraying. It is good for 3d games but I am not sure about Soldat. Maybe if it was a server option.

person
March 19, 2006, 11:40 am
Hmm maybe...

I'd prefer a sound, like what Quake 3 has.

zyxstand
March 19, 2006, 12:29 pm
usually, when you hit someone with a nade and you can see the nade but u cannot see the person (because you are playing in real mode), you usually hear some sfx to indicate damage taken by someone. Likewise, if you hit someone with a gun and he's out of your sight but in range (or someone else hits him/her), you can see the blood coming out of the person...

conclusion: unnecessary

Zegovia
March 19, 2006, 1:29 pm
How about just a good ol' "BING" sound.... :P

numgun
March 19, 2006, 3:52 pm
^above^.That would be annoying with a minigun... Bibibibibibibinginbibnbibibibibbnginbbibbiiiiiiiiing!

Deleted User
March 19, 2006, 6:16 pm
I SUGGESTED THIS A LONG TIME AGO! SO HAH....and yes i totally agree with this, i like in battlefront :)

Raptor
March 19, 2006, 7:38 pm
I took this from CoD 2, and it's good to see that some of you do and don't agree with it. xD

bboy new
March 19, 2006, 11:05 pm
this would be very good....it would make gameplay better i think and there should be an option if you want to turn it off or on in game and as a server host

Deleted User
March 20, 2006, 12:11 am
All it would do is encourage spray.

-Ghost-
March 20, 2006, 1:09 am
I would love this, because sometimes I SWEAR that I hit a guy, but have no way of telling.
*thumbs up* excellent idea

Raptor
March 20, 2006, 1:16 am
Alright, that's it. That wouldn't encourage spraying at all since they can do it anyways.

Arbalest
March 20, 2006, 3:18 am
Great idea, it would be useful when your pursuing someone like one screen ahead. Even if it would encourage spraying so what? Like any idea could be perfect. Sprayers lacks self control, a hit counter isn't gonna creat more sprayers but lack of self control would.

tRaQs
March 20, 2006, 4:47 am
I'm sorry, but I don't like it. I consider where you see on your screen as your soldiers vision range, and to have some psychic ability that tells you your blind shot hit someone is dumb.

I don't even think it should notify you when you get a blind kill.

Zegovia
March 21, 2006, 8:00 am
 Quote:Originally posted by numgun^above^.That would be annoying with a minigun... Bibibibibibibinginbibnbibibibibbnginbbibbiiiiiiiiing!

It works for halo, so why not? :P

How about that depending of how far away the bullet hit someone, the "Bing!" will be fainter.... ;)

Dark_Noddy
March 21, 2006, 8:33 am
I cant say I'm to fond of this beeing implanted, it would encourage spraying and nade spamming I think.. (ppl do it un-encouraged now tho ^^)
I like the idea tho :)

For the minigun bingbingbing ? lol awsom ;) when rico came I fierd a [CENSORED]load with rounds into the walls to hear the *rico* sound ;D

Deleted User
March 21, 2006, 3:23 pm
I love the idea *Thumbs up*

Raptor
March 21, 2006, 3:43 pm
^Thanks

Noddy, let's say this encourages spraying.. now, is there a problem with it? Does it say in the game that spraying is not allowed? I hate campers, but they have 100% the right of doing that and I don't mind it anymore.

Dark_Noddy
March 21, 2006, 3:56 pm
Hmmm... After rebooting my head (aka waking up) I realise now that I have become one of 'those' to be honest I dont mind spraying.. And I love campers !

Still dont think this is neccasery, (will prolly be less accurate then seeing the bullets actually hitting (yes I'm talking about lag) ^^) But I dont mind it beeing in the game..
It should be a Server setting tho and a player setting (like sniper line)

Raptor
March 21, 2006, 11:46 pm
^Yea, I was thinking about that too since I realized that it can get annoying x__X

Btw, I hate campers xD

dr.ON
March 23, 2006, 1:00 am
nah! dumbmasses will spray a lot.
If it will be added than i prefer "beep" sound . Red cursor s0x.

nidpants
March 24, 2006, 11:23 am
I don't see how it would encourage spray. The game already notifies you if you have killed someone, so i don't see how this is different.

Raptor
March 24, 2006, 11:19 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by dr.ONnah! dumbmasses will spray a lot.
If it will be added than i prefer "beep" sound . Red cursor s0x.
I never, ever suggested a red cursor. It was just something I used to state my point.

a-4-year-old
March 25, 2006, 3:05 am
 Quote:Originally posted by nidpantsI don't see how it would encourage spray. The game already notifies you if you have killed someone, so i don't see how this is different.

this is every time you HIT some soldat. it would cause spraying because it would direct you to where they are and you can spray.

Deleted User
March 25, 2006, 9:22 am
very nice idea, something like quake 3 hit sound should be good

Boer
March 28, 2006, 8:28 pm
or the sound is as loud as the damage that has been done? 3 screens away = quieter then up close.