( search forums )
Geomod/ destructible areas
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Deleted User
March 19, 2006, 4:09 pm
I dont know if anybody has posted this before but i will say it anyway. i would love to see maps where using a grenade or explosive weapon you could blow apart a wall for an advantage- like worms. But of course in the map maker or something you could choose wether it was destuctible or not. This would mean new game types and everything where you could blow apart a wall to get to the other teams flag and it took a certain number of shots to destroy the wall (a bit like the destruction gametype mentioned earlier).
I always love games when you can destoy things to hinder or help and it wouls just add a real edge to Soldat.

Please give your thoughts in.

rabidhamster
April 24, 2006, 8:44 pm
How bout... not. Soldat's terrain is based on three-vertice polyons, making a single polygon get divided into four to sixteen polys. It would slow down the game a lot.

Don't even get me started on shading.

Alamo
April 24, 2006, 10:39 pm
In 3d games like Red Faction, this is fun but ... no... not for Soldat. It just does not have the pixel-based maps like worms. And it will never have them... You'll never see this in game *_*

Eagles_Arrows
April 24, 2006, 11:29 pm
Silly Rabbit, Search Feature's for Everyone!!!

Err, yeah, like I've said before in this topic, it won't make Soldat any better.

peemonkey
April 24, 2006, 11:44 pm
Polygons that have health seem like a plausable thingus. But yea, not these days it won't happen.

--Jake--
April 25, 2006, 4:02 pm
Umm no? How will the map be refreshed once all of the ground has gone and the round isn't over?

HYPERFUNKBOT
April 25, 2006, 10:32 pm
What if the teams destroy the only path from one flag to the other?

Drink Bloody Water
April 25, 2006, 11:43 pm
2D= Flat Side Scrolling land (no walls to go KA boom!) 3D= *Rotatable* scrolling is optional (Walls or no walls to go, KA BOOOOM)

g-force9
April 26, 2006, 3:32 am
Disturction, there would have to be a seperate type of poly for that. Then the normal polys wouldn't be destroyed.

In other words (for the non-mappers), it is possible if there is special destructable land on some maps while the rest is indistructable. But it woun't happen for awhile.

Deleted User
April 26, 2006, 6:59 am
It won't happen. Evar.
Unless you rebuilt the entire Soldat engine, which you'd have to do anyway if you want to make major changes until Michal releases the source code.