( search forums )
SEVER HELP
Soldat Forums - Server Talk - Server Help
Deleted User
March 19, 2006, 6:52 pm
all right i am trying to run dedicated servers, first off i run them through the defult soldat server maker, some times it shows up on the server list and some times it doesnt, also when it does show up i get a ??? ping all the time, i have Never forward client on, but also i am on a router, with 192.168. ip to start with, and the ip of my dedicated server and the ip of the sever on the soldat server list are diffrent ... in all the server wont connect right, i belive it is because the 2 Ips are showing up diffrent

exmple ... my servers ip on the Dedicated Server Window shows 192.168.0.000 ... but if i try to join the game from soldat the server IP is diffrent on the list ... its something like 201.187.3.000

can any one tell me the problem??

bja888
March 19, 2006, 7:18 pm
When viewing your server from the same LAN you will get a ??? for the ping. Just accept it. Most likely the ping is 0 if you must really have a number.

If your using a router, depending on how it is set-up you can forward the ports to the specific computer that is running the server.

My dedicated server is running on my router so I don't have to worry about that. Depending on your set-up you might want to do the same.

FliesLikeABrick
March 19, 2006, 8:00 pm
the IP for your server in the lobby is supposed to be the 201... number because that is the IP of your router on the internet, and all your computers on your network connect to the internet through the router.

You need to forward the ports 23073 and 23083 (TCP and UDP) to the dedicated server computer in your router, otherwise people will not be able to join your game. visit www.portforward.com for help