( search forums )
bots not moving (was: prolly gonna get banned...)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Mapping Help / Resources
Pro Play
March 20, 2006, 1:36 am
yet another question by me, ty for the compiling help, i thought i just had to put it in maps, ok 1 more thing, when i put random bots in, they dont come in my map, what am i doing wrong? and how do i make it so u can go in bunkers and like shoot out of them and stuff?

Eagles_Arrows
March 20, 2006, 1:54 am
Just post your questions in the same topic you've asked your other question(s) in!

And you need to waypoint your maps for the bots to move around. If you are using MapMaker, why not look at the manual that comes with it? It tells you the basics of waypointing.

FliesLikeABrick
March 20, 2006, 2:34 am
no Eagles_Arrows, he should create a separate thread for each question. This allows each thread to be more targeted on their purpose, and also makes the search function much more worthwhile for each future user.

Though please name your threads appropriately. Instead of naming this "prolly gonna get banned for this" you should have named it "bots not moving" or something like that.

Pro Play
March 20, 2006, 2:55 am
alrigt, sorry guys, but, i honestly dont want to read a manual for like 2 more questions i have, can someone plz just answer then, 1. how do you waypoint? (pictures plz) 2. how do u make it so cenary (such as bunkers) let you in to them, liek the certain part of the bunker, but the rest is solid? (when i placed it, it was just in background) ty for help if u give help or feedback

Eagles_Arrows
March 20, 2006, 2:57 am
Alrighty.

And I wanna mention a Waypointing tutorial for you, P.P., if the little Manual doesn't help.

Soap's "Waypointing for Dummies"

And a FAQ:

Keron Cyst's "So You Think You Can Waypoint?"

Pro Play
March 20, 2006, 3:05 am
ty, i understand what they are now, it did help, but i need to know about the bunker still, like cenrry TY

Keron Cyst
March 20, 2006, 4:00 am
One-way-firing scenery depends; there are a few methods. The most popular is setting a Small-size collider over a scenery (say, a sandbag, or a crate).

When a soldat crouches in a Small collider, it raises its weapon over its head and allows it to fire under protection of the "sandbag/crate/whatever" (which is actually the collider), although explosives can still rock the soldat's world.

Can you give an example of a bunker you can fire out of but not in? If you're talking about the hill-embedded one in Cambodia, it doesn't have any colliders; it's just narrow and hard to shoot into.

The bunker you're talking about probably just has two Small Colliders positioned on either side, if it's in the middle of a playing area, with maybe a pair of Only-Bullets-Collide polygons for a roof.