( search forums )
Soldat in Game Informer
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Famine
March 21, 2006, 11:06 pm
I have not found a recent topic on this, but maybe I missed it. Anyway, in the april issue of this years GI, soldat was mentioned in "10 games you never heard of"

Not only that, but "N" was as well.

If you can't see the photo, the article reads:
"1 Soldat
www.soldat.pl
Developed by Polish student Michael Marcinkowski when he was still in high school, Soldat (released on the net in 2002) has consistently been on of the most popular freeware titles on the Internet. After playing the game for about five minutes, you'll quickly understand why: it's damn fun." From sexy british ( and FACIST OGM) admins, to guns...what more could you need. "Marcinkowski's basic premise with thte game was to take simple, 2D Worms-influenced level designes and gameplay, then infuse it with a greater degree of control and multiplayer modes from popular FPS series like Quake. After a quick bout of zooming around the levels via jetpack and unloading massive firepower on your foes, we guarantee you'll be hooked. For hardcores (LoL), there are numerous Soldat clans, mods, and forums, all easily found via Google or the Soldat homepage."

[IMAGE]

Deleted User
March 21, 2006, 11:10 pm
awesome. what will be next? soldat the movie?

Deleted User
March 21, 2006, 11:33 pm
Thats greaT!
Soldat owns! :D Woot.

bond_james_bond
March 22, 2006, 12:17 am
Yes! We all love Soldat!

But I guess they don't mention they enthusiastic, loyal, hard-working community

Deleted User
March 22, 2006, 12:50 am
lol they spelled his name wrong...its Michal..anyways..its good...but bad in a way i think... :(...our community wont be so small anymore...) *cheers theme music plays*

XenocidE
March 22, 2006, 12:51 am
I usually look for the freeware games more then big named titles. Soldat Rules and hopefully more people will get this general idea now.

SeanCapsAss
March 22, 2006, 1:43 am
wait for a flood of newbies to commence

Eagles_Arrows
March 22, 2006, 1:49 am
If MM sees this, he should be proud :D

That's HTF_Desert in that SS :-/

Deleted User
March 22, 2006, 2:16 am
whoever made that map should be proud :D

soldat ftw!
thats awsome.

CrazyKid980
March 22, 2006, 2:53 am
Woot! Soldat is now seen by millions of people. But seriously, Soldat deserves that little section in Game Informer, it's such a great game.

bja888
March 22, 2006, 3:04 am
Its only a matter of time.... Everyone will play soldat (evil laugh)

Eagles_Arrows
March 22, 2006, 3:21 am
 Quote:Originally posted by Famine
Not only that, but "N" was as well.

"N" as in Ninja? Awesomeness, dude.

I'm curious to see what the other 8 games are...

Koon
March 22, 2006, 4:19 am
http://www.harveycartel.org/metanet/

For those of you who dont know what N is, A very nice game.

thekingkitty
March 22, 2006, 7:20 am
mmm wonder if MM ever thought of advertising or something?

Deleted User
March 22, 2006, 7:32 am
So we can get more noobs, awesome idea.

l33t lamZz0r c4mp3r
March 22, 2006, 8:01 am
Soldat is the best... i knew about it when i was still underage and my family was concerend with ratings... now im about 13 im allowed to play more "violent" games (sounds lame doesnt it? Typical chinese concerned parents). I played version no. 1 and was addicted... untill i went to the site... i found out there was a tons improved 1.3.1 version so i downloaded that and found the game SOOO extensive with sfx mods, wepaon mods, interfaces etc.!!! THIS IS BEST EVER FREEWARE GAME!! MICAL IS BESTEST!

Deleted User
March 22, 2006, 8:04 am
I met the co-creator of N in a INF once, I was like WOW you is good at the developing stuff.

He was like "ty"

and i typekilled him :P

livingdalife
March 22, 2006, 11:31 am
Lameo :) Kidding!

Michal Marcinkowski
March 22, 2006, 2:44 pm
"10 games you never heard of" - well I never heard of Game Informer :). I'll check if they sell it here.
It's nice to get some attention from the masses.

Quote:awesome. what will be next? soldat the movie?
Yeah, I'm negotiating a contract with Vin Diesel.

a-4-year-old
March 22, 2006, 9:42 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by Michal Marcinkowski"10 games you never heard of" - well I never heard of Game Informer :).

It's an American magazine.

bja888
March 22, 2006, 9:49 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by Michal MarcinkowskiYeah, I'm negotiating a contract with Vin Diesel.
Noob! Get chuck!!

lordrohith
March 22, 2006, 10:00 pm
Hah I just read that issue today, Soldat gets +popularity points.

papasurf31
March 22, 2006, 10:40 pm
Ohh, Soldat is #1.

.Twelve
March 23, 2006, 1:27 am
Yay for Soldat. :D
I doubt there will be as big a rush of incoming newbies as there was when it appeared on that TV show O:

liquidis x snake
March 23, 2006, 5:18 pm
Hey guys, remember me? ;).

Well, I sitting on my toilet reading the newest Game Informer and I saw this, and I smiled. Just dropping by again to say hello, hope all is well, and I hope they stopped nerfing the barrett lmfao.

Rock on

LxS

Yukwunhang
March 23, 2006, 5:28 pm
Of course we remember you, LxS. :O

jkm51
March 23, 2006, 7:37 pm
I just happen to be one of the noobs that came in with GI.

You can sign up for GI at any Game Stop store or at there website at
http://www.gameinformer.com/

Deleted User
March 24, 2006, 11:51 am
Soldat Rulez! Soldat have been on finnish magazine!

Michal Marcinkowski
March 25, 2006, 9:45 am
 Quote:Originally posted by bja888 Quote:Originally posted by Michal MarcinkowskiYeah, I'm negotiating a contract with Vin Diesel.
Noob! Get chuck!!

Chuck's already in the movie, he's playing me kicking Vin Diesels ass.

Deleted User
March 25, 2006, 10:54 am
 Quote:Originally posted by Michal Marcinkowski Quote:Originally posted by bja888 Quote:Originally posted by Michal MarcinkowskiYeah, I'm negotiating a contract with Vin Diesel.
Noob! Get chuck!!

Chuck's already in the movie, he's playing me kicking Vin Diesels ass.

And thus, order is restored

Alamo
March 25, 2006, 2:48 pm
'The question what happens when an unstoppable force hits an immobile object was quickly answered when Chuck Norris roundhouse-kicked Vin Diesel.'

Wasn't Soldat also featured in many other gaming magazines? I told the Screenfun here in Germany about it. They answered me there was way too much violence and blood for them to be able to maintain the age rating of the magazine. Some issues later, they had it on the CD.

BTW: Welcome jkm51! Ignore the odd behaviour of the people here, they are all a bit... strange.

Koon
March 25, 2006, 6:24 pm
I can just see thousands of people camping outside theaters waiting for the "soldat movie" to come out. Lmao, that would be so much fun.

Rusty_Screw
March 25, 2006, 10:41 pm
Yay go Soldat! Im going to make Soldat-O's :D

Deleted User
March 26, 2006, 4:31 am
Very cool, always good to see Soldat in magazines or on CD's ;)

xtishereb
March 26, 2006, 6:35 pm
They should have mentioned Cave Story, StepMania, which is arcade-perfect, or pydance, which runs on my Ubuntu laptop).
Still, it's nice to have more people who are worse than me. Though I bet that we'll have an exponetial increase in the abuse of 1-hit kill weapons.
I used that issue as another reason why my friend should download Soldat.

livingdalife
March 30, 2006, 5:10 pm
here in aussie, there is a magazine that has soldat on the cover CD every month...but since I have the net...who needs cover CD's. But MM I think you have taken the Gaming World by storm!