( search forums )
Soldats Grabbing And Hitting
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
kevman
March 22, 2006, 11:08 pm
i was thinking that maybe once 2 players get close to eachother maybe one player could grab the other and just punch the life out of him, or maybe the soldat could start to combo the guy like add kicks into the game, although im not to sure of that, i just think that it would be cool to add grappling to the game, it would open up a lot of possibilities like in secondary weapons, such as brass knuckles, or maybe a butter fly? just a thought let me know what you all think, thanks

Alamo
March 23, 2006, 6:56 pm
Well... brass knuckles are not needed, the Soldats already punch quite nicely (just drop your gun). Also, if you get close, there is an automatic buttstock hit instead of shooting. If you want a butterfly knife, why not mod the combat knife to one? Grappling would not be very fun IMO... I, myself, don't even really look at my character while playing, I wouldn't even really notice that someone grabbed me.

a-4-year-old
March 23, 2006, 8:25 pm
this is one of many "kung foo" type suggestions and again, i think it would not fit in well with soldat, infact, i think fists are unrealisticly op. hear me out, someone who can take 4-5 shots with an ak but when someone hits you 3-4 times you are doomed.

dr.ON
March 23, 2006, 8:55 pm
I dont think that it will be good in action. Punch has some power now, we shouldnt make it cuz it will be kinda owerpwered i think.

Rusty_Screw
March 24, 2006, 3:03 am
I think it is a good thought but really wouldnt fit in with soldat. I mean you could run and not look at ur guy next thing u know a guy flies out and starts grabbing you and doing the /secret command

bja888
March 24, 2006, 3:26 am
I don't think fist fighting will be preferred over shotting. Rather...

If you could come up behind someone and grab them hostage style. Use his as a meat shield until he is dead. Only let them slip out of it if spamming he down button.

Deleted User
March 24, 2006, 11:11 am
OMG. I love bja's idea! Hahaha, to do that to some guy whos on the ground and use them as a meatshield for two seconds or something. Omg LEET.

Yuth
March 28, 2006, 2:19 am
I would say grabbing someone should be possible.
I don't see why that shouldn't fit Soldat, along with pushing him away.

Keron Cyst
March 28, 2006, 11:24 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by Alamo... if you get close, there is an automatic buttstock hit instead of shooting....
The problem is that the soldaten are moving so fast that by the time your soldat actually swings the weapon so that the stock is about to smack into an enemy, it just hits air instead. Methinks the animation should be shorter, or the soldat should just jab forward with the weapon's barrel. :-P

zyxstand
March 30, 2006, 1:04 am
why not make soldat in part like a tekken game or soul caliber or what not...
... :/ ...no!
soldat just isn't that kind of game