( search forums )
LAW control. (topic name sounds good ^__^)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
dr.ON
March 23, 2006, 9:05 pm
Hmm, have u played hl2?
IF yes than u saw controlable rockets.
That would be great if we will have ability to cotrol rocket shooted by law. Rocket should fly to cursor possition. With this little upgrade soldat will look much better.
To balance it we can make:
1)Law control is availible only while crouching.
2)Rocket can be shooted down with a bullet.
3)Slow down rocket speed/reload time/startup time/ etc.
4)Make rocket fly not to the cursor possition, but forward always, availible to make a little turn in its way.

I know that's hard to code, but it's great thing to add.

-Ghost-
March 24, 2006, 12:18 am
That would be of very limited use, because you could only make it go where your cursor is....
BUT! what if, your screen followed the rocket and you steered it like that, both probobly wont be implimented (sp?) but i like the idea. (HL2 junkie)

Edit: wow the topic name DOES sound cool :P

Deleted User
March 24, 2006, 12:48 am
What the hell? This just makes law hots so much easier? Itll just go to the person? What if theyre spray like 3 shots and it explodes or something?
I dislike your idea.

The Geologist
March 24, 2006, 1:01 am
Meh..I agree, bad idea. Takes the fun out of the whole aiming thing.

dr.ON
March 24, 2006, 10:42 am
Erm, guys just imagine!!!
If it be ballanced somehow than it will be pretty fun!
Soldat will look more technolized and stylish, imo.
And u still be able to aim with other weapons or we can add it like well one secondary weapon.
The problem is how we can balance it with other weapons cuz it will be kinda easy to shoot playa with controlable rocket with bullet speed that law haves now. ;__;

Ghost, ur idea will tottaly unbalance it, imagine flying rockets everywhere with no abbility to kill their sender ;___;

Zegovia
March 24, 2006, 11:01 am
you mean to practically make it into a NIKITA (from mgs), a remotley controlled rocket that flys faster when you keep the cursor still...

nidpants
March 24, 2006, 11:18 am
well, the only problem with this is that the LAW is a real weapon (as is everything else in the game), so adding features like this would then change what weapon it represents. The LAW is unguided (and essentially functions - in the real world - identically to the M79, as it was the M79's replacement), but the Dragon or Javelin would be a good substitute if the guidance is added. I don't think this fits with the "skirmish" theme of Soldat, however, since ATGW's are for pretty specialized troops, and would hardly make sense as a "secondary" weapon.

Deleted User
March 24, 2006, 11:53 am
Absolutely No I dont like this!

Dark_Noddy
March 24, 2006, 2:59 pm
Lol It WOULD be kinda fun ^^ I like the Idea.. BUT, it WOULD ALSO ruin the gameplay >_< so I'm totaly against it beeing in the game :o

zyxstand
March 24, 2006, 2:59 pm
that's a definite NO!
the reason why it works in fps games is because you can't move your cursor to make fly backwards like into a hole and then make do weird turns. this is totally unsoldat!
(sry if my explanation is hard to understand but this idea is totally unacceptable imo)

Captain Ben
March 24, 2006, 3:13 pm
Something for the weapon text files?

bja888
March 24, 2006, 3:45 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by Zegoviayou mean to practically make it into a NIKITA (from mgs), a remotley controlled rocket that flys faster when you keep the cursor still...

You beat me too it. I was gonna say NIKITA.

Nope, this idea has no room in a shooter.

tRaQs
March 24, 2006, 9:45 pm
Don't icorporate your lame ass Halo [CENSORED] into Soldat.

THUMBS DOWN.

a-4-year-old
March 25, 2006, 3:06 am
its a law, not a guided missile

Arbalest
March 25, 2006, 4:54 am
 Quote:Originally posted by a-4-year-oldits a law, not a guided missile

Exactly what i was gonna say. Still, if i have to control the rocket i would rather have it self target seeking like it will automatically turn to the direction of any target in a half screen radius (rocket reduces speed while turning). But LAW is really fine now however i think it does need a slightly faster reload time.

a-4-year-old
March 25, 2006, 12:59 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by Arbalest Quote:Originally posted by a-4-year-oldits a law, not a guided missile

Exactly what i was gonna say. Still, if i have to control the rocket i would rather have it self target seeking like it will automatically turn to the direction of any target in a half screen radius (rocket reduces speed while turning). But LAW is really fine now however i think it does need a slightly faster reload time.

ha! i beat you.

about something related to topic:
the law does need a faster reload time, realistically (i know its for balance) you could just pop in another shell, but it should be about 3/4 the current reload time.

Deleted User
March 26, 2006, 1:00 am
What if the semi-heat-seeking was taken out? Then it would take more skill to use.

It's like the charge-up time for the knife. It has more potential but the longer distance shots are more difficult.

The LAW will potentially have more control but tougher to get a hit.

I like it. Who cares if its not realistic? So long as it's still fun.

mooseproduce
March 28, 2006, 12:03 am
Actually, this could be very interesting. Make it so when you shoot the LAW, if you hold the mouse button for a few seconds, you gain control of the rocket. While controlling it it moves at half speed or whatever, to prevent cheapnities. When you let go of the mouse button, the rocket continues on it's way, but at the slower speed. I think, so long as the second or so delay before control was implemented (and the half-speed), that this could be balanced and a super-cool addition, ESPECIALLY AGAINST CAMPERS!

If anyone is being a camping 'tard, you just send a rocket out, and if they're too stupid to move (remember the half speed!), you mosey on over and blow their butt off. This way, people can still camp (bastords!) but it's counterable with something other than more camping (which I've always hated).

Keep in mind that Soldat is based off Liero. Missile, anyone? ^_^

dr.ON
March 28, 2006, 7:02 pm
Hmm, mooseproduce good idea.
I think it will be better like that: U shoot law, it fly defaultly, than if u still croached/pronned and u dont move and u r holding shoot button u recive ability to control a rocket and it's speed low to 1/2 of a now speed every second.

lithium
March 28, 2006, 8:11 pm
I would say no...this would make it way too easy, because even if you missed by a mile you would be able to correct it.

Norris Scott
March 28, 2006, 9:31 pm
Rather than direct the LAW, I'd propose a scope follow ala the barret's on it's bullet, so you can see where the LAW goes. You can't control it (as that would make it overpowered), but you can actually see where those rando-LAW shots end up.