( search forums )
Are players being dropped?
Soldat Forums - Server Talk - Server Help
DaRabman
March 24, 2006, 10:47 pm
Yo,
I'm running a dedicated server as part of the windows full game download, where you set the server properties in the GUI as you would if playing single player etc.
The server manages to connect to the lobby server, register itself in ASE and all that malarky. But although I do get a handful of people on there from time to time, I often get messages saying 'xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx requesting game' twice, but without a player joining the game. I use a couple of custom maps on the maplist, so does this mean that people are unable to connect to the server for some reason, are they just pinging it in the lobby, or just bored of waiting for the map download?
I've made sure all the ports have been forwarded between my server and external IP, and I've had a few people on now and again, but this thing still arises.
Cheers,
Sam.

bja888
March 25, 2006, 1:57 am
 Quote:Originally posted by DaRabmanpeople are unable to connect to the server for some reason,

Exactly!
For some reason or another they never establish a connection. Here are a few possible reasons...

- Server Full
- Unable to Download Map
- Wrong Map Version
- Never wait for the map to download

shoover
March 25, 2006, 2:30 am
i would say 45% of the time its because of failure to launch download BECAUSE of how slow the server its on is.