( search forums )
Scenery Deletion.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Mapping Help / Resources
Frenris
March 25, 2006, 9:04 pm
How do you select old scenery to delete it? I have tried in both mapmaker and Polyworks (hell I dowloaded Polyworks to see if it would allow me to delete old scenery.) The thing is the scenery is too old to be reached by the "delete last" as I have loaded and close and compiled the map a number of times since it was created.

OutofOrder
March 25, 2006, 9:25 pm
What are you talking about? Deleting scenery files? Erasing sceneries from your current map?
Perhaps what you're looking for is the "Clear unused scenery" option, found when you right-click on the Scenery window in Polyworks.

Eagles_Arrows
March 25, 2006, 9:39 pm
I think he wants to delete scenery that was inserted in a map.

MapMaker:
In order to delete sceneries on MM, you must check the Scenery tab on the menu to your right. Notice, below the list of sceneries, there is a "delete" button. Click on that, and then click on the scenery, supposedly the top-left corner of it.

Polyworks:
Using the scenery (or any other) tool, hold down alt and highlight the scenery with your mouse (the main "heart" of the scenery is the top left portion of it). On your keyboard, press "delete" (which should be somewhere above your arrow keys) and the scenery will be destroyed.

Frenris
March 26, 2006, 3:10 am
 Quote: there is a "delete" button. Click on that, and then click on the scenery, supposedly the top-left corner of it.

The top left corner was behind polys so I wasn't able to reach it to delete it.

[quote] press "delete" (which should be somewhere above your arrow keys)[/quote[
Just making sure, eh?

Thanks for the help a lot, it works.

Mr. Domino
April 7, 2006, 3:58 pm
The scenery delete button seems to be buggy though, at least for me. I've stretched a number of sprites looking to design a background with them, and now Map Maker won't let me remove them. I'm guess there is a specific point on the sprite where it'll recognize a mouse click for removal, but I can't seem to find it. :(

Keron Cyst
April 7, 2006, 6:58 pm
It is the very top-left pixel. This could change if you rotate the sprite drastically.

divix
April 21, 2006, 4:43 pm
open up poly works choose the selection button and click the scenery and press delete