( search forums )
Changing backgrounds and waypoint crashing? (p.w.)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Mapping Help / Resources
KamikazeDuck
March 26, 2006, 6:25 am
No doubt, I think polyworks is great, but lately I've been getting two very bad bugs, not mentioned in the FAQ.

1.Changing Backgrounds
This is very strange, I haven't had this problem until today. What happens is, I will open or create a map (I didn't even save the map I had opened on one occasion), then I will exit polyworks, when I open that map, either in polyworks or in soldat itself, the background colour will have changed to a medium grey - blue. It makes absolutely no sense because it's happening when I don't compile and save, when I do compile and one time, I opened one of my old maps, got out of polyworks and didn't even save and it happened to it also. It is extremely fustrating because, 1.It ruins my maps, 2.It happens to about every 3rd map I open, and 3.It makes no sense!
Please give me ideas and links to anything that may help me.

2.Waypoint Crashing
I don't know if this is happening to other people (I hope it is because then it would get fixed) but this is a small annoying problem that I didn't see on the FAQ. When I try and undo placing a waypoint, I get an error and polyworks crashes. I delete my waypoints instead of ctrl+zing them now but every now and then I'll forget and it will crash, leaving me to continue from my last save.
Give priority to my first problem but I'd be interested to find out if this is happening to others, if my polyworks is just dodgy or whether I skipped the part adressing this in the FAQ.

I'm really pissed off fustrated at the moment and I'd like some help.

EDIT: I'm not getting any answers so if you own polyworks, can you just tell me if you've ever had these problems?

livingdalife
March 26, 2006, 2:03 pm
so, u don't comple ur maps when u make/edit them? thats the problem then...

Keron Cyst
March 26, 2006, 5:32 pm
I've never had your second problem before; try redownloading. I almost never undo waypoint-placement.

rabidhamster
March 26, 2006, 8:17 pm
"1.Changing Backgrounds"
i've had the same problem, redownload polyworks and it should work (it did for me).

regarding the waypoints, i have no idea :(

KamikazeDuck
March 26, 2006, 9:11 pm
Well thanks for the replies. Livingdalife, I do compile my maps, what I meant was that it didn't ONLY happen when I compiled my maps but when I saved them without compiling and even when I viewed a map in polyworks without saving.

I've noticed that it is only happening on my desktop so I'll try redownloading as Keron Cyst and rabidhamster have said, hopefully that works.

If I don't reply after this, assume the problem is fixed.