( search forums )
Survival CTF
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Zegovia
March 26, 2006, 2:14 pm
When playing survival CTf games, there is rareley anyone that captures the flag, everyone playing are rather playing to kill all the hostiles alive on the map instead of getting the flag and score.

Survival CTF is more like a two team deathmatch!!!

And the players that DOES capture the flag (what youre actually suppoused to do!) becomes called "Noob runners" (and such) and gets kicked.

How about that we make like this that you have to go and capture the flag to make the round end, and when thats done, everyone respawns in the good ol' gory fashion as it is....

What do you think?

rabidhamster
March 27, 2006, 12:38 am
what about when one team completely kills the other, but doesn't caputure the flag?

Keron Cyst
March 27, 2006, 4:39 am
That's what he means. The other team won't respawn until the victors score a cap. And I support that.

vash763
March 27, 2006, 4:52 am
Play RS HTF.

Zegovia
March 27, 2006, 8:30 am
 Quote:Originally posted by Keron CystThat's what he means. The other team won't respawn until the victors score a cap. And I support that.

Good boy, you got it right... have a cookie... ^^

yeah as i said, its more like a freaking Survival teammatch now.. >:/

Deleted User
March 27, 2006, 2:12 pm
I like the you suggestion Zegovia.I support this

Boxo
March 27, 2006, 3:38 pm
In earlier versions (before 1.3 I think), Survival mode was actually exactly like Zegovia's suggestion, and it sucked. You'd have to wait minutes after each round while the last guy gloated and pissed on corpses. It was pointless and boring as hell. The way survival CTF is now is the way it's supposed to be played.

Koon
March 27, 2006, 4:03 pm
Boxo has a point, it could get really annoying if the last guy alive decides to be a jerk.

Psyl3ntShad0w
March 27, 2006, 4:12 pm
how about a time limit. if your team doesnt cap in 1 minute. the players that are still alive get kicked >:D

or...by the time limit you have to cap (~10minutes) but if one team is all dead, you have to cap in one minute, or you don't get a point for that round. think of it like you have to defuse a bomb...and when one side is completly dead, the timer for the bomb starts. or maybe i have an abstract imagination.

Zegovia
March 27, 2006, 4:51 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by KoonBoxo has a point, it could get really annoying if the last guy alive decides to be a jerk.

The other players can always decide to kick him...

Deleted User
March 27, 2006, 6:20 pm
People think it's a DM because it's called "Realistic Survival" not "R/S CTF"

Boxo
March 27, 2006, 6:27 pm
Even if everyone did behave well, what would be the point? It would still take much longer for rounds to end, which would mean more waiting and less playing. Just because some retards in public servers think you're not supposed to capture the flag in Capture The Flag isn't a good reason for this stupid/time-wasting suggestion to be (re-)implemented.

dr.ON
March 27, 2006, 7:07 pm
Naah!
I dont play r/s so much because it took a long time to wait somethime.
If it will take more time to wait than i wont play it at all.
:E

rabidhamster
March 27, 2006, 8:43 pm
how bout the players turn into timebombs, and they explode if they don't cap in 20 seconds >:D

Deleted User
March 27, 2006, 9:09 pm
yea.. that would be awesome ^^
soldat can't get enough explosive action!

mooseproduce
March 28, 2006, 12:21 am
"In earlier versions (before 1.3 I think), Survival mode was actually exactly like Zegovia's suggestion, and it sucked. You'd have to wait minutes after each round while the last guy gloated and pissed on corpses. It was pointless and boring as hell. The way survival CTF is now is the way it's supposed to be played."

I liked it better back then, to tell the truth... people were usually ok about it. However, I think a happy medium is in order... just make the current time limit 'till a new round a little longer. So it still takes skill to get a double-score, but people don't call each other "runners"(it's frooking CTF, you weirdos!)

Zegovia
March 28, 2006, 8:52 am
My suggestion isnt Exactly like the old CTF survival.

The old version where that the ones remaining dint respawn when either team capped the flag. making it so they could take up more forward positions whenever at the beginning of each round and make a quick YOINK of the flag and run away before the enemy has time to react. or make a banzai ambush directly at their face.

This whas then solved with that everyone "spawndie"'s whenever they cap or eliminate the other team.

My suggestion is that the team alive doesnt "spawndie" when they have eliminated the other team, they have go to the base and capture the flag in order to "Respawn" and make the new round begin.. so its not crucial whenever you waste the entire enemy team or not, just that you capture that flag.

So its a slight diffrence... -.-

Chakra`
March 28, 2006, 9:26 am
I gotta agree with Boxo on this one. Making it so that a round is won 'just' by capturing the flag only prolongs the inevitable. I remember games with people just holding onto the flag and pissing around, never capping just to piss people off.

And you ain't the only one to notice the 'noob runner' trend. I had a whine about this a few weeks ago. Bloody R/S wankers! http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=32351

Zegovia
March 28, 2006, 10:15 am
Oh well i gave it a try... ^_^'

But could there be any other way to solve this, than to spit and shout out loudly "ITS CTF FOR F*CKS SAKE!!" in the faces of those people, or just leave em to their destiny... :/

Chakra`
March 28, 2006, 4:50 pm
Sooner Leo makes a R/S Teammatch server using CTF maps, the sooner we can tell twats like them to piss off there mate.