( search forums )
superstrength
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Bot Forum
BoaBoa
March 26, 2006, 6:11 pm
What is the easiest way to give a bot more than the regular 100% health? I've used the bot maker and see no such option.

Liber_Lupus
March 26, 2006, 8:24 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by BoaBoasee no such option.

You answered your own question.

mar77a
March 27, 2006, 1:10 am
It's not possible. the only thing i can think at the moment is reducing the weapons damage in weapons.ini

BoaBoa
March 27, 2006, 3:00 am
I asked because it seems as if some of the zombie bots I've fought take more damage than normal bots

peemonkey
March 27, 2006, 3:09 am
If you where playing online, then it's possible they had the weapon damage toned down to do less damage.

BoaBoa
March 28, 2006, 6:38 pm
Okay, I'm going to apologize ahead of time, because I'm most likely going to ask several questions that have already been answered elsewhere.

First off, is there a way to PREVENT zombie bots from ever using a weapon aside from their original. Even when I set their favorite as chainsaw or LAW, they eventually get guns (even with the Advance set at 8 or higher).

Also, I toned the weapon damage down in the Weapons121 config file... nothing happened. A little help?

Keron Cyst
March 28, 2006, 11:30 pm
What do you mean by "they eventually get guns?" LAW and Chainsaw, like the Barret, are unique in that their bots will ALWAYS spawn with that weapon no matter what, if it is their Favorite_Weapon.

Tone it down a LOT. Even go into negatives if you have to; I needed to for some of my weaps.

Deleted User
March 28, 2006, 11:38 pm
If you're trying to play with a modded weapons.ini, make sure you load it once you start playing. Type "/loadwep (filename)."

If, for example, you named it Zombie.ini, you'd type
/loadwep Zombie[/code] then type [code]/kill
to reset the weapons.

Not sure whether or not you already knew that, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to say it.

peemonkey
March 28, 2006, 11:49 pm
Make the zombie's favorite weapon thier hands. It looks better and they'll NEVER pick a gun up.
When you edit a weapon configuration, you have to load it in order to work.
/loadwep [filename]

BoaBoa
March 29, 2006, 12:55 am
Thanks. That should help a lot.

By "they get guns" i meant that eventually, if playing on advance mode, if one zombie gets enough kills, he'll pick a gun and spawn with it just like players. This is uncommon due to the kill ratio, but still.. zombies with Eagles are uncool.

peemonkey
March 29, 2006, 1:13 am
But if you give them hands, they use hands ;)

Koon
March 29, 2006, 5:24 am
if zombies gun is set to chainsaw, they wont use guns even if they are available

g-force9
March 29, 2006, 4:20 pm
Yeah, and even on Advanced mode they won't care home many weapons are avalible to them. All they use is the chainsaw.