( search forums )
selfkilling should be punished with -1 point
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
nub
March 27, 2006, 2:09 pm
well i searched the suggestions list for "selfkill", "self kill" and "self-kill" and didnt find anything, so i think this hasn't been suggested before (yes i also thumbed through the forums).

i think selfkilling should be punished with -1 point at least in deathmatch.
there are many people who use granades when they are right next to an other player. often they can kill the other one but also die because they were too close to the explosion themselfes.
this doesnt require any skill, so i think it should be punished.
same for m79 players and selfkilling by falling down like on Airpirates or by touching the frame on blox.
all in all, whenever you kill yourself subtract 1 point from the score.

in fact, when i started playing soldat, i was surprized that it hasn't already been implemented.

Deleted User
March 28, 2006, 5:16 pm
[lol]yeah! selfkilling rox! No kill, just selfkill.
The top-clan always selfkilling themself coz its pro-tactic in TNL
[/lol]

bja888
March 28, 2006, 5:49 pm
You have my support

Leo
March 28, 2006, 5:54 pm
Yes it should. Every online shooter I have played selfkill is a reduce of points, why not in Soldat ?

dr.ON
March 28, 2006, 6:58 pm
Ghm, i like selfkilling.
And i dont like -1 ;__;

Alamo
March 28, 2006, 8:54 pm
I agree on this, make it an option though.

GluLm
March 28, 2006, 9:08 pm
If I remember correctly, Michal M. already answered this somewhere before.
Unless I'm mistaking, he said he liked it this way so no need to change it.
Someone please confirm this statement. (?)

mar77a
March 28, 2006, 9:14 pm
^ yes

Norris Scott
March 28, 2006, 9:29 pm
Yeah, it's different from other games which subtract points, and you can also have self-sacrificng players go in to terrorist bomb the [CENSORED] out of a flagger and have a teammate recover the flag.

Alot of nice ways to selfkill as a tactic in a match. I wouldn't support subtracting scores at all.

rabidhamster
March 28, 2006, 9:34 pm
if you look in the soldat changelog, selfkilling point subtraction was added, but then taken out in a later version.

TopGunSF
March 28, 2006, 9:46 pm
I STRONGLY agree. Part of the game is loosing health when you are killed. With self killing not being punishable in any way someone can die when it is convienent for them. If you got a whole team of self killers the other team could be at a serious dis-advantage because of it. (I say -1 point +the extra respawn time is fair.)

Deleted User
March 28, 2006, 11:09 pm
Haha, you remember how your death count goes up 1?

Keron Cyst
March 28, 2006, 11:40 pm
What if you are accidentally killed by your own grenade out of lag or something like that? I do not support.

nub
March 29, 2006, 12:09 am
Keron Cyst: yes thats the point, if people are too stupid to handle granades then it should be punished. if you lag then you annoy people by lagging anyway.

Koon
March 29, 2006, 5:17 am
It used to be like this in 1.0.5, It was taken out becuase people got annoyed when they accidentaly killed themselves. This is the second time i've heard it suggested since then.

Swarmer
March 29, 2006, 2:24 pm
Self killing is rediculous on a 1v1 dm. All you do is assign /kill to a taunt and press it whenever you're about to die. Use it after killing your enemy too, and you'll always have full health. Your ratio will be 30-98, but you would still win.

Deleted User
March 29, 2006, 6:20 pm
That is cheats :O ^^

TopGunSF
March 29, 2006, 10:18 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by ZamorakThat is cheats :O ^^

Which is precisly why you should get -1 for self killing.

Eagles_Arrows
March 29, 2006, 11:06 pm
Well, like they said, some selfkills happen by mere accident, and shouldn't deserve to have a point removed from their total score. Still, I do like the sound of this idea, although I do agree it should be an option.

Zegovia
March 30, 2006, 12:04 pm
Itll be tricky if its an survival server.. XD lol!

Avskum
March 30, 2006, 2:02 pm
There's no way to defend the current system. It's often been making 1v1:s and TDM:s dumb.
More serious leagues like ESL even have rules which already punishes it, and gives the other team a free kill. Which even more should tell us that it should be fixed within the game.

It wouldn't effect any other game mode as far as i can see, doesn't matter in a DM since it would happen to everyone, or people would stop running carelessly through their nade spam.
CTF would be totally uneffected, as would the other game modes.

Deleted User
March 30, 2006, 2:34 pm
I have to agree with Leo You have my support BTW

livingdalife
March 30, 2006, 3:35 pm
 Quote:well i searched the suggestions list for "selfkill", "self kill" and "self-kill" and didnt find anything, so i think this hasn't been suggested before (yes i also thumbed through the forums).

there are many people who use granades when they are right next to an other player. often they can kill the other one but also die because they were too close to the explosion themselfes.
same for m79 players and selfkilling by falling down like on Airpirates or by touching the frame on blox.

in fact, when i started playing soldat, i was surprized that it hasn't already been implemented.

Man, thats why soldat is different from any other game, so live with it....although that little /kill b4 u die is sneaky and stupid...but wat about if u get stuck in a poly bug or summit? u just sit there spamming up the noise or waiting for sum sneaky [CENSORED] to nade/m79 you?...I say no to this....

Avskum
March 30, 2006, 4:40 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by livingdalife Quote:well i searched the suggestions list for "selfkill", "self kill" and "self-kill" and didnt find anything, so i think this hasn't been suggested before (yes i also thumbed through the forums).

Man, thats why soldat is different from any other game, so live with it....although that little /kill b4 u die is sneaky and stupid...but wat about if u get stuck in a poly bug or summit? u just sit there spamming up the noise or waiting for sum sneaky [CENSORED] to nade/m79 you?...I say no to this....

no i think you should live with getting -1 for getting lost in a polygon you clumsy arse. see of it as of falling into the lava in quake.

a-4-year-old
March 30, 2006, 8:16 pm
it would be cool as a server option because of servers like EnEsence(i know it is wrong) fun corp

everyone dies like 50 times exept for like 4 people on the server.

nub
March 31, 2006, 3:45 pm
even if it was an accident you still deserve -1 because you let the accident happen.

Raptor
March 31, 2006, 4:20 pm
You have my support with this since that would teach some newbies a lesson xD

Swarmer
March 31, 2006, 6:21 pm
Of course it could accidentally happen. Suicides happen all the time accidentally in other games, and everyone accepts the consequences. It's like saying, if I fire a LAW on accident and kill someone by chance, then I shouldn't get the kill because I didn't mean to. If you accidentally walk on your own nade then take that -1 without complaining. It's your fault. If you get stuck in a poly, tought luck. What's more lame? Losing 1 point every 100 games for getting stuck in a poly or playing against someone who never lets you kill him becuase he keeps using /kill lamely?

It's just -1 point. It's not going to make you instantly lose. It's worth it to prevent lame people from exploiting suicides.

JiggaBlue
March 31, 2006, 8:00 pm
You should not get -1 for selfkilling, but if you use any of the /kill commands it should -1 your score, thats fair enough.

- Tek -
April 2, 2006, 5:26 am
If selfkills =-1, then so should deaths.

Avskum
April 2, 2006, 6:43 am
 Quote:Originally posted by - Tek -If selfkills =-1, then so should deaths.

what in the world?

nub
April 2, 2006, 3:50 pm
matches would take about twice as long then, this would be an interesting server option though.

tRaQs
April 7, 2006, 2:14 am
 Quote:Originally posted by TopGunSF Quote:Originally posted by ZamorakThat is cheats :O ^^

Which is precisly why you should get -1 for self killing.

No, you just kill them first.

Also, for every 1 person that does that, there are alot who dont, so stop crying about it.

Soldat is too crazy a game to implement -1 for self kill, why do idiot's always refer to what 3d realisticshooters have for a 2d arcade shooter?

Deleted User
April 7, 2006, 11:15 am
 Quote:Originally posted by rabidhamsterif you look in the soldat changelog, selfkilling point subtraction was added, but then taken out in a later version.

Says it all. Locked.

I should moderate properly. :/