( search forums )
Seperate weapon stats for non and real modes.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
mooseproduce
March 28, 2006, 12:16 am
I think the only people who don't agree to the unbalancedness of Ruger in Real mode are those who use them... 4 shots of insta-kill with no gravity, lagtime, or reload time. They're on crack! At any rate, I don't play non-real mode, so maybe they're balanced in it. Either way, I think there should be 2 different weapons.ini files, one of them called weapons_real.ini. Very simple to code, this would allow you to still use the same home-brewed weapon mods for real and non-real; the starting one would just be different (depending what mode you're in). This would help concerning Rugers especially, but also perhaps with some other weapons.

Now, because I'm a ho, here's some balancing issues. :D
When in Real mode, you should:
-super-nerf the Ruger!
-nerf the Spas a bit
-maybe make Deagles do a little more damage? Not REALLY necessary if Rugers are nerfed
-make the minigun a bit more powerful; I like the amount of bink on it now, but it takes forever to kill someone. And no, I don't mean spraying, I mean using roll/backflip techniques while mini is still charged, sneaking up on people, headshots, actual aiming, etc.
-Perhaps nerf the HK a bit?
-Make the socom do instakills and explode but heal you when you are shooting with it and destroy polygons!

Anyways. It should take like 10 secodns to code, and would uber-fix a lot of super cheapness. Huzzah!

rabidhamster
April 1, 2006, 3:54 pm
i don't know about these, seems like very drastic changes. and why would the socom bullets explode?

Koon
April 1, 2006, 3:58 pm
Uh, was the last one a joke?

Flying_Dutchman
April 3, 2006, 9:41 am
I hope so.
But I would really like to see this in soldat. It makes the balancing of weapons a bit easier too, since you won't have to take both modes into acount when testing the weapons.