( search forums )
Latest version of opera + winamp = I need help.
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
peemonkey
March 28, 2006, 6:32 am
Since I've upgraded to the newest version of Opera, videos don't work right. Some open normally, but alot open with the Quicktime logo IN opera, instead of winamp like they used to and should. Also, alot of things have a little "play" triangle inside a triangle. When i right-click the window thingus, it talks about flash. What I need is to figure out how to get every video type to open directly into winamp.

This is because when people show off their WIP animations in the modelling world, I almost never get to view them.

Milkman Dan
March 28, 2006, 6:47 am
Um the ones that open in flash are probably youtube videos so you cant watch them in winamp

edit your quicktime settings and make it not default for opening those files and make winamp the default for them again

Ok
March 30, 2006, 11:40 am
peemonkey is asking for alot of help recently, I say we should start charging him per post!!!
^_^

Anyhow, dunno if this is your problem, but that is what I understood from you anyhow.
Each program can assign itself to file types that it supports.
If you want everything opened with winamp, you just go into the options in the winamp.
Not sure the exact name but I do believe it is "Files types" of "assign files" or something like that.
then u just mark everything in it, or just the ones u want, and winamp assigns itself to those file types.

when u install a new program it usualy asks you if u want to assign files to her, most programs want to suck everything to them, so you'll use that program for everything it supports, ofcourse some file types require those specific programs like milkman dan said.

in your case winamp already played files u wanted , so do what I said and it will go back to the way it was.
If I missunderstood you and explained something unneeded, then sorry for wasting your time :D

peemonkey
March 30, 2006, 5:56 pm
My problem is that Opera opens everything in opera. Before it made me "upgrade", everything opened in winamp and was better. Now it all opens in opera. it'll either open with a quicktime plugin that doesnt work 90% of the time, or it'll do a WMP plugin that I'm okay with. I really just want opera to [CENSORED] off and let winamp open everything.

Dark_Noddy
March 31, 2006, 4:18 pm
if U want to open them in winamp (exterior program) you could go to (in opera) Preference -> Advanced -> Downloads. Then find the extensions U want to open in winamp, hit edit and set it to open it with winamp.

peemonkey
March 31, 2006, 4:27 pm
Thanks noddy, that worked :D