( search forums )
Teleports
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Mapping Ideas / Discussions
Rabspat
March 28, 2006, 8:15 am
One thing I've always thought Soldat could use would be teleports, that could take a player from point A to point B. It would add a while new level to mapping. For instance, you could make a backround prop that looks like a door, if you were to walk into it, it would teleport you to a completely different, indoors area of the map.

This would allow for much more flexibility in creating maps, allowing more than just the "Left, right, up, down" maps we have now, maps would be much more interesting.

Frenris
March 29, 2006, 10:11 pm
Actually you can do teleports in your maps, just don't ask me how you put them in; I have them in my map accidentally. I'm more interested in finding a way to ge the out.

rabidhamster
March 29, 2006, 10:48 pm
of course, this has been suggested before, but i still support it. as long as the teleporters were polygons, and they teleported to a specific coordinate, i would support this.

Soap
March 29, 2006, 10:53 pm
[IMAGE]

mortal_soldier
April 19, 2006, 5:00 pm
it would be better if the teleports were placed like colliders (touch it and the way you go)...like this: you place teleport "collider" number one and then you will have place the 2nd "collider" to the place you want the player to be teleported.

ps: somebody please take that horrible image from the above post AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Critiz
May 12, 2006, 2:11 pm
Nice picture,Soap! :-D