( search forums )
Help me to finish my new map!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Mapping Ideas / Discussions
PaT0 Brazil
March 28, 2006, 4:12 pm
Hi! This my new map, DM-Eight. I don't know if this idea is original but I never seen a map with this design.

Here is a screenshot:
[IMAGE]

- In this map players will have infinite jetpack, do you think it's a good idea?
- Should I add bonus items (like Predator, Flame...) in this map? (I don't think it will be nice but tell me what is your opinion)
- What I need to add/remove/modify in this map?
- Could somebody do waypoints for it? (I tried to do but they doesn't work)

If you want to play DM-Eight to see better:[URL]

sorry for my English...

OutofOrder
March 28, 2006, 8:52 pm
This reminds me Keron Cyst actually started a "numbers map series", which i think he didn't finish...
it seems that all the fight would be concentrated in the middle and bottom, perhaps a little at the top... perhaps you could add a couple more tunnels?

Infinite jetpack sounds like a bad idea for any map, even if the map doesn't have any ground (because that isn't a good idea for a map in the first place xD).

Keron Cyst
March 28, 2006, 11:44 pm
Haha. Nice memory, OoO. xP

Yeah, that design is more or less what I was thinking of, but the atmosphere could be better off as something else. The lights should be trans.
 Quote:Originally posted by OutofOrder
Infinite jetpack sounds like a bad idea for any map...
Sounds like you haven't tried chakapoko maker's Sugar ;-)

Eagles_Arrows
March 29, 2006, 12:38 am
I love the roundness of the map, but I'm afraid it's gonna disappoint me in terms of gameplay and such. Try to make some routes inside those two round circles, even two HTF_Nuclears if you have to!

Soap
March 29, 2006, 12:56 am
Part of what makes Soldat fun is big, open spaces to fly around. The gameplay isn't as satisfying when you are stuck in a narrow tunnel.

It looks nice, though.

PaT0 Brazil
March 29, 2006, 4:27 pm
Thank you for the contribution. I've finished the map, check it on News map section.

You can close this topic.