( search forums )
Lobby Server Change
Soldat Forums - Server Talk - Server discussion
PureGrain
March 29, 2006, 12:55 pm
lobby.soldatserver.com has been changed to:

lobby.hyper-gaming.com

Please make changes to your lobby_servers.txt files.

Leo
March 29, 2006, 2:23 pm
Do the admins confirm that ?

PureGrain
March 29, 2006, 4:40 pm
http://www.hyper-gaming.com/pages.php?linkID=soldat_lobby.php

Confirm that if you need to.

Leo
March 29, 2006, 6:04 pm
Excuse me but everyone can come here and say change this and that. Untill I have an official announcement I won't change anything. Have a nice day.

mar77a
March 29, 2006, 6:25 pm
leo, you have my word. :P

Leo
March 29, 2006, 6:28 pm
Ok :D

PureGrain
March 29, 2006, 6:49 pm
lol.. Sorry Leo. Was not trying to make you mad. I was just showing you that we had the software running. I notified Michal today of the change and he has already responded. The software still reads Sponsored by SoldatServer.com until he can make the change.

Leo
March 29, 2006, 7:03 pm
No problem, I have changed all my servers to new address. They will show up with next restart... or crash :P

PureGrain
March 29, 2006, 7:07 pm
haha.. Yeah..

Arklenao2
April 7, 2006, 10:00 pm
everyone that plays soldat would need this is their lobby_servers.txt too.

shoover
April 7, 2006, 11:12 pm
unless mike can get every1's attention by a link or something. I wouldnt recommend saying this now

PureGrain
April 8, 2006, 2:29 pm
He makes these changes for updates and things. But I do not see making a release just for change of one txt file. :P

Maybe a FRONT PAGE post or even change the USA lobby server link on the Servers page on the main site would make people change as well. Michal if you want to when you get time too pass me a new version of the lobby I will replace this one and get you access to start/stop/edit the new lobby again!

UltraMagnus
April 15, 2006, 8:08 pm
well, it wouldnt be too hard to change the download, would it?

PureGrain
April 19, 2006, 3:15 am
Not really but why waste the bandwidth on a simple/minor change to a txt file. ;)

Lobby servers should be a bit more reliable now anyways. And soon to be even better I hope.

PureGrain
April 20, 2006, 3:02 am
:O

OK, I think that the changes that were made will work for you if you change them or even if you don't they will anyways. Now that Hyper-Gaming is hosting the lobby.soldat.pl server as well everyone should be seeing what you would see if you had either of these names in your lobby file.

Now I think we should just add a few more lobby servers accross US for sure for better redundancy.

FliesLikeABrick
April 20, 2006, 3:43 am
Adding more lobby servers is an utter waste of resources, and a conversation with MM a bit ago made me sure of it. The current lobby problems do not come from a lack of servers to spread out the load or anything, but rather coding mistakes and a bad decision [to use UDP instead of TCP for lobby transactions].

This is one of the things on MM's top list of priorities to fix.

PureGrain
April 22, 2006, 5:31 am
Well understood. Thanks for the insight!

shoover
May 2, 2006, 7:55 pm
Id consider 1.4 or 1.3.2 or whatever to have this small bug fixed. If MM is nice ^_^

But then again what flieslikeabrick said, i dont really care anymore.

FliesLikeABrick
May 2, 2006, 8:14 pm
it isn't a bug, and there is no reason to release a patch for this. I'm locking this since it is merely a thread for information for those who want it.