( search forums )
Waypoint connection problem.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Bot Forum
factnfiction101
March 30, 2006, 7:10 am
I'm sure this has been adressed before, but when I create a waypoint it doesn't connect to others. I'm using Polyworks, btw. I have read through the topics and through 2 FAQ's, and I haven't seen anything about this(maybe I'm over looking this).
I have tried opening up other maps and learning from them, but I don't unserstand how to get the waypoints to connect. I was also wondering if waypoints take more processing power also.
------Edited--------
Nevermind I figured it out by downloading the Soldat Map Maker. I would still like to know about my other question though.

Deleted User
March 30, 2006, 9:45 am
after you create the (single)waypoint press and hold shift and click the waypoint box, all waypoints after that should be connected (you can break the connection by using a different operation)

OutofOrder
March 30, 2006, 1:02 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by factnfiction101I was also wondering if waypoints take more processing power also.

If you want to know if a wapointed map requires more PC resources to be played, i'd say that'd be so little it wouldn't make a difference. I think it depends more on the amount of bots you set in game.
For instance, i can host a 2v2 online game with me in it and then get lagged, but i can host a 4v4 bots offline game with me in it and get little lag.

factnfiction101
April 2, 2006, 11:30 am
I have noticed what takes a lot of processing power or resources are of course bots(like you mentioned), but also polygons. Just as I thought it probably would.
I made a huge map (to give you an idea of scale, you can see the whole map zoomed out @ 4.5%) that can have 12 bots(without any lag at all) on it. I discovered that I'm going to have to get rid of a few polygons so I can have more people / bots on it :^(