( search forums )
Christ, get out of the way.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
_Mancer_
March 31, 2006, 1:23 am
I'm sick of my teammates running right in front of me when I have a law hoisted, ready to fire, only to have it explode on their ignorant backs. I'm sick of firing bullets and having some dumbass teammate standing in the way, slowing down my shots. I'm sick of being pushed or slowed down by my teammatees annoying spray.

Can't we have an option to disable this? I mean it really gets annoying after a while. So many wasted law shots.

Deleted User
March 31, 2006, 9:24 am
So, what are you suggesting? That your bullets pass through your teammates?

damnnation
March 31, 2006, 9:31 am
i think he is...
good idea actually, it will make allot of difference also

_Mancer_
March 31, 2006, 11:54 am
 Quote:Originally posted by StalkySo, what are you suggesting? That your bullets pass through your teammates?

Yes, but to settle any problems it would be an option to turn it off/on.

numgun
March 31, 2006, 12:18 pm
projectiles would fly thru ur team-mates? mmm... ok!
i wasted lots of laws myself too. ;'(

Deleted User
March 31, 2006, 12:41 pm
Thats pretty stupid... Making your bullets go through your team mates... Why dont you people think of how this can be exploited, like meatshielding afk'ers.

a-4-year-old
March 31, 2006, 12:55 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by EnEsCeThats pretty stupid... Making your bullets go through your team mates... Why dont you people think of how this can be exploited, like meatshielding afk'ers.

you can run through your teammates :O

bl00dy_n0se
March 31, 2006, 1:02 pm
Annoying on Publics, quite ok in CWs, it doesnt happen that often in CWs i guess.

So an option to turn it on/off would be usefull.

Nice idea

Deleted User
March 31, 2006, 1:06 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by a-4-year-old Quote:Originally posted by EnEsCeThats pretty stupid... Making your bullets go through your team mates... Why dont you people think of how this can be exploited, like meatshielding afk'ers.

you can run through your teammates :O

Well DUH! You can hide behind somone while an enemy is shooting at you, thats what I meant.

The End
March 31, 2006, 3:12 pm
Well I like the idea on the average since barret get's it hard too. You can't see if a teammate's in way and then when you shoot and he's in way the bullet's dead and propably you are too. Yes meatshielding would be a problem, but I do make myself a meatshield for ffc's occasionally.

I like the idea. Even if it does stink a bit. Either that or lot's of deserted sniping spots. I'll settle for either.

Pulp
March 31, 2006, 3:40 pm
Wouldn't that even encourage the spraying, if there was an option that makes you able to 'shoot through' your teammates ?

I've always been pro-Friendly Fire in cw's, so I don't think this ain't a big problem if you have Friendly Fire on in the matches. And on publics, well, it's the charm of public servers you sometimes miss a shot due an idiotic teammate. :)

Raptor
March 31, 2006, 4:25 pm
^Man, there should be an option to enable/disable the shooting between your teammates. This would improve the game.

Deleted User
March 31, 2006, 5:43 pm
I've always wanted to see this. I hate it when I'm about to finish someone off, then my precious teammate runs in front of me and does a great job on blocking all the bullets that I shoot.

And maybe this should also turn off the shockwave caused by the grenades thrown by friendlies. It's an undescribable annoy when one uncontrollably slings around because of the friendly spam grenades but doesn't directly take any damage.

_Mancer_
March 31, 2006, 7:49 pm
I realize the downsides and upsides to this idea but if you think about it, in big matchs this wouldnt be so bad.

mar77a
March 31, 2006, 7:55 pm
The idea is stupid, Mancer, no offense but this happends only in pubs. I dont think that you have had this problem more than twice while playing clan wars.

- Tek -
April 2, 2006, 5:30 am
don't use law
ahahah

dr.ON
April 2, 2006, 9:46 am
It will change whole game. I dont like it.
Game is a game and rules of it are same for everyone: For pros and for n00bs

Deleted User
April 2, 2006, 2:57 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by dr.ONIt will change whole game. I dont like it.
Game is a game and rules of it are same for everyone: For pros and for n00bs

Don't you people read? It would be a configurable option..

It's not like he's going to shake the foundations of your entire Soldat world or anything.

-Ghost-
April 2, 2006, 5:52 pm
I think that its funny as hell when someone suicides off their teammate, plus it doesnt happen very often.

What I would like to see is that when your moron teammates shoot you, you dont get slowed down/sped up, and that your accuracy doesnt decrese cause when Im trying to snipe a guy, there always seem to be a guy behind me, unloading his clip into me and I cant hit [CENSORED]. >:(

Eagles_Arrows
April 2, 2006, 7:06 pm
Only as a configurable option, I give it a thumb up.

Koon
April 2, 2006, 9:29 pm
Think about this, on maps with tight areas or corridors people could run straight forward and spray all they want and basically make a wall of bullets to anyone they meet.

Echo_Trail
April 2, 2006, 9:50 pm
I don't approve of this. I don't think we need it actually. Sure it's irritating when you get nailed with friendly fire - it's annoying as hell, but that's just the way it goes. I think, as suggested above, if this is enabled, it will only encourage the spray of which there's allready more than enough.
There'll be way too much of that "shooting down a stragight alley" if you aren't hurting or at least pushing your comrades.

I say people've just gotta learn when to shoot and when not to. No offends Mancer.
echo_trail

Swarmer
April 8, 2006, 7:17 pm
I think it's annoying when people who have mixed feelings about a change suggest "making it an option". Having a lot of small details as an option would be really useless and annoying. On some servers your LAWs will pass through people, nades will have timed explosions instead of collisions, you can deflect bullets with your own, and on another server you have none of these but has M79 nerfs, the ability to use up your boost in one jump, and something else weird. It's like having a weapons mod but without the warning of it, and not knowing what the changes are.

They're just tiny details that everyone has different opinions on. Having it as an option is stupid becuase the point of the nuances of a game is so everyone has the same experience and can compete equally with each other. The only thing that should be options are big, global effects that significantly affect the game, like friendly fire.

HYPERFUNKBOT
April 8, 2006, 11:22 pm
bullets through people is a big global effect like friendly fire, BECAUSE IT IS FRIENDLY FIRE

Deleted User
April 8, 2006, 11:45 pm
hey I was actually gonna make a post like this.

I was rushing with my team, and all that happened was that the front guy shot at the enemy and the 3 behind him shot him and eachother trying to hit the enemy

TK was not on, but it was still annoying. also it could be a server option.

teamkill on
or
collide on
or
no collision on

Deleted User
April 9, 2006, 5:31 am
It's more [CENSORED]ing annoying when ignorant teammates shoot you and then you're binked -.-

100 percent Cotton
April 9, 2006, 12:57 pm
I think it's something that adds to the game, not detracts from it.
Spraying would be out of control.
And if someone's in your way, move.
And I don't think they should take out the friendly nade bounce either, it's just something that adds to the game.

And let's face it, you get bounced out of someone's bullet fire by a friendly nade as much as you get bounced into it.

It's just something you have to deal with. Respawn, and go kick that person's ass in the true Soldatian way.

Zegovia
April 10, 2006, 4:33 pm
Technically so DOES the bullets fly through your teammates aleady!! XD

_Mancer_
April 10, 2006, 8:47 pm
Fine I change my idea...

no BINK when getting hit by friendly fire. Also no pushing. (as in the bullets dont push you)

edak
April 10, 2006, 10:00 pm
i disapprove for reasons already stated.

Deleted User
April 11, 2006, 6:33 pm
Then why did you post?!

Captain Ben
April 12, 2006, 8:45 am
 Quote:Originally posted by mar77aThe idea is stupid, Mancer, no offense but this happends only in pubs. I dont think that you have had this problem more than twice while playing clan wars.

But what's the ratio of public matches to clan wars?

Keron Cyst
April 12, 2006, 6:06 pm
Hey, hey, hey.

The whole problem is just for the LAW, right? Then let LAW rockets uncollide with allies alone and no other weapons!

I have the same problem as Mancer's and it's really annoying. For people who say "look at your soldat for any teammates around," it's not that easy to concentrate on calculating the arc of the rocket and distance of an enemy while independently moving your other eye to the opposite side of the monitor, heh! And I've had more than one time where I've smacked a rocket into an enemy diagonally, which makes it even harder.

No-friendly-rocket-collision. I stand by that.

bgretydews
April 12, 2006, 7:14 pm
The no bink idea could work, i hate it when some n00b starts shotting autos at you when your trying to snipe just to piss you off

Pyroguy
April 13, 2006, 11:56 am
Meh, this only happens in pubs with FF off. Turn FF on, and your bullet shields will quickly learn why they don't run infront of you when crouched with a law. If FF is off, you shouldn't get bink from teammates; this is utterly retarded, and people act like idiots just standing behind you if you are a sniper and emptying full clips into you. No bink from friendlies when FF is off.

Deleted User
April 13, 2006, 1:23 pm
I like this idea.
+ : law shots not wasted anymore.
teamkilling reduced
nice team tactic

- : much more spray (in tunnels for example)
wtf? how can be this used with friendly fire ???

"I'm sick of firing bullets and having some dumbass teammate standing in the way, slowing down my shots. I'm sick of being pushed or slowed down by my teammatees annoying spray."

wtf ? u are talking about same situation ...?
When u shoot to mate, hes slowin ur bullets and when ur mate shoots to u HE is the wrong person.... Cant get it...

Swarmer
April 13, 2006, 5:45 pm
The shoot-your-own-snipers-so-they-get-binked is a pretty important thing to keep. They help you get rid of the really stupid snipers on your team that just waste a slot. These are the guys who camp by the flag, fire at an enemy, miss him, and then stay prone while the enemy takes the flag and leaves. I've also seen a friendly sniper camp prone, and an enemy sniper comes in and goes prone about 3 inches on the screen away from the friendly one. They fire at each other and miss, and just stay prone for a whole few seconds why they reload the shot. then they fire again, and the one who fired first killed the other. They kind of people deserve to be team binked.

bond_james_bond
April 13, 2006, 9:42 pm
This idea messes up the entire game. Not being able to shoot your teammates (with FF off)??!? Thhat's one way I communicate with them!

I think it's good as it is now. Should not be changed. If there's anything that shouldn't be affected by bullets, it's the flags.

Deleted User
April 13, 2006, 9:45 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by bond_james_bondThis idea messes up the entire game. Not being able to shoot your teammates (with FF off)??!? Thhat's one way I communicate with them!

I think it's good as it is now. Should not be changed. If there's anything that shouldn't be affected by bullets, it's the flags.

i totaly agree, thats how i communicate too:D by shooting them:/

Mini Man
April 18, 2006, 11:37 am
 Quote:Orginally posted by __Mancer__
I'm sick of my teammates running right in front of me when I have a law hoisted, ready to fire, only to have it explode on their ignorant backs

More like your teammates running infront of your law, and you exploding into a fountain of blood...

Quote:Orginally posted by -Ghost-
I think that its funny as hell when someone suicides off their teammate, plus it doesnt happen very often.

Not often?!? Happens to me almost every Soldat.gather, and im sure it'd happen more if i played public, the only time it doesn't seem to happen is in Clan Wars as then you have competent teammates.