( search forums )
Bullet collides bullet
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
numgun
March 31, 2006, 12:28 pm
a small thing:

it could be a server-side option or game implementation.
the point is that u could stop enemy projectiles (bullets, missiles, grenades...) by shooting at them with ur weapon.

for example:
u could stop an enemy law missile by spraying ur mp5 at it.
the missile would explode in mid-air, if u succeed.

and also, certain bullets would take certain damage untill they explode:
-ruger/law/m79 shot: 2-3 auto bullets, 1 grenade, 1 barret shot, 1 knife...
-socom/deagle/spas/auto shot: 1 shot of any weapon.
-barret: none i guess, its too fast : P

a-4-year-old
March 31, 2006, 12:54 pm
I think it would mess abit too much with the balance, more guns like mp5 and styger would just be a mass of bullets and poor ol' ak will not be able to block/counter attack.

Raptor
March 31, 2006, 4:18 pm
Lol, imagine this in 3D games xD
I remember in Goldeneye 64 if you shot a tank bullet to the air and then shoot at it with another weapon, it would explode.

bja888
March 31, 2006, 9:28 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by RaptorLol, imagine this in 3D games xD
I remember in Goldeneye 64 if you shot a tank bullet to the air and then shoot at it with another weapon, it would explode.

Doom 3 has it. Any plasma based projectile can be shot at and destryed.

vash763
April 1, 2006, 11:55 am
I don't think it would fit.

Deleted User
April 1, 2006, 12:11 pm
it would be too easy to destroy, too much spray in Soldat.

Deleted User
April 1, 2006, 1:19 pm
Besides, it's already in (kind of); nades, law shots and m79 bullets all make eachother explode. (I love blocking m79 people with nades \m/ )

rabidhamster
April 1, 2006, 2:34 pm
are you sure about that, rouge?

i don't support this, by the way. as enesce said, too much spraying would occur, ALTHOUGH! i wouldn't mind if it one third of all bullets collided, ex.

steyr is shot, bullet is chosen to be a colliding bullet.
m79 is shot, shell is chosen not to collide with other bullets.
they make contact, and both are stopped.

- Tek -
April 2, 2006, 5:29 am
then the game would be like DMC! (or another movie where i saw this, cant remember)

edak
April 2, 2006, 7:46 am
Though theoretically bullets could collide, the chances of them doing so is so close to nil because of time and 3D space, therefore it's unrealistic to add this option to the game.

dr.ON
April 2, 2006, 9:40 am
I don't like it .

Swarmer
April 2, 2006, 9:40 am
This would be fun, but there would be 2 main problems: The first is about hit registration. Soldat already has enough problems with registering hits. This will be really buggy. Secondly, it will make people start spraying a "shield" of bullets with thier autos. This will be countered by an enemy "shield" of bullets. Basically, you'll get a ton of spraying.

Deleted User
April 2, 2006, 4:15 pm
I agree with most of the others, this would cause all too much spray, and it'd be really annoying if your LAW missile or nade explodes right in your face from som spray. Besides Soldat is a simple game, that's what makes it so fun and easy to learn, let's not make it harder if we can avoid it.

@rabidhamster: Yes I'm sure about this, since I have done it several times (thrown a nade at someone and made them suicide from an exploded m79 bullet), and besides I just looked it up in the Version History in the Manual:
 Quote:
---===VERSION HISTORY:
1.2.0 (21.01.2004)
- Added grenades, M79 bullets and LAW missiles explode from each other

Koon
April 2, 2006, 5:07 pm
there would be way to much lag, it would be like having several dozen colliders to keep track of all at once.

HYPERFUNKBOT
April 2, 2006, 6:08 pm
yeah, it's WAAAAY too annoying when an Avril missile I just fired in UT2004 explodes in my face and I die because someone just got lucky when they fired at exactly the right unpredictable moment.

Antifate
April 4, 2006, 12:15 am
WHOO HOO! Time to abuse the minigun.

- Tek -
April 4, 2006, 8:15 am
 Quote:Originally posted by edakThough theoretically bullets could collide, the chances of them doing so is so close to nil because of time and 3D space, therefore it's unrealistic to add this option to the game.

uhh, too late the game is already unrealistic.

i think you should be able to collide your bullets with m79&nades atleast.

vash763
April 4, 2006, 10:24 am
I think not man.

It should be exactly like it is. Explosions kill Explosions!

Captain Ben
April 4, 2006, 10:36 am
Odds for each gun?
Minigun = 1 in 10 chance of every bullet colliding
HK = 5 out of every 30 bullets
Ruger = every bullet has the chance of exploding explosive stuffs (You'd have to have bloody good aim).

Deleted User
April 4, 2006, 6:22 pm
lol lag?

Deleted User
April 4, 2006, 7:18 pm
well.. it would surly kill the sniper problem, and increase the minigun problem.

Deleted User
April 5, 2006, 7:28 pm
I think shooting a knife out of the air would be awesome. Idk about bullet hitting other bullets though. Chances are too slim.

tRaQs
April 6, 2006, 2:00 pm
This wouldn\'t work well in soldat, especially for people who use one hitters, it would also happen too often in a 2d enviroment.

The only way I could see this in some form be implemented, is if you could do that to explosives, but only with a considerable amount of shoot, such as half the amount of health a soldat has when taking shots to the body. I myself would not like it at all though.

- Tek -
April 6, 2006, 8:58 pm
Actually it would cause the same nade lag problem, that was associated with when nades would explode on dead bodies.

numgun
April 9, 2006, 1:24 am
 Quote:Originally posted by - Tek -Actually it would cause the same nade lag problem, that was associated with when nades would explode on dead bodies.

too bad it was removed... i loved that thing. pump a minimi clip, then blow the dead body with a nade... ahhh...