( search forums )
"Soldat Express" Play without Downloading
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Ivel
March 31, 2006, 10:41 pm
Guys, I think that Soldat should create something called "Soldat Express". Soldat Express will let you play Soldat WITHOUT downloading. This can be useful if you go to a friends house and you want to play Soldat but DO NOT want to download it. Soldat Express should only give you the basics which are letting you chose a Soldat Tag and Join a server. I hope Soldat takes this suggestion since I go to a lot of friends houses who want to try Soldat but do not want to download it. This will also make your game more popular because people will not have to download it to try it out. I hope you take my suggestion -Ivel

Deleted User
March 31, 2006, 11:11 pm
I THINK NO! :P
its not that big of a file...
and its not big anuf(i can't spell)to have a demo...
just download it...

i vote no

peemonkey
March 31, 2006, 11:14 pm
How do you propose this be accomplished?

mar77a
March 31, 2006, 11:14 pm
i vote no, btw we dont want more people :)

Zero72
April 1, 2006, 2:08 am
...This really isn't possible.

Edit: Soldat's small. Bring it with you on a CD.

The Geologist
April 1, 2006, 2:36 am
Definately an unnecessary suggesttion, too much work for something that's really not worthwhile...takes less than five minutes to download and install.

Deleted User
April 1, 2006, 3:56 am
seriously...there is no way that you can do this..if so not easily thats for sure.
And i'm assuming those people that dont want to download it say that because they dont want to waste forever downloading it on a 56k modem, which brings me to my point...
if they use 56k then it would still take forever to load the entire FREAKING game

Koon
April 1, 2006, 5:11 am
If they cant download it with their internet connection fast enough, than they wont be able to play online well either.

Deleted User
April 1, 2006, 5:30 am
rofl, thats like defying the laws of the internet.

Manifold
April 1, 2006, 9:52 am
 Quote:Originally posted by Sethamundo
And i'm assuming those people that dont want to download it say that because they dont want to waste forever downloading it on a 56k modem, which brings me to my point...
if they use 56k then it would still take forever to load the entire FREAKING game

I disgress. For a year, I played Soldat on a 56K modem with 100-150 ping. It's very possible. The download itself just takes half an hour.

vash763
April 1, 2006, 10:06 am
It'd be cool for playing at school.

Karvinen
April 1, 2006, 12:38 pm
Roflmao, everything you get from internet is downloaded to your computer, even this page.

This thread is funny.

Eagles_Arrows
April 1, 2006, 1:41 pm
I say nay.

Really not worth the time. Soldat is well around 11MB, so it's not that big of a file.

What I do is whenever I go somewhere and want to play Soldat, I transfer my Soldat folder onto my USB drive and bring it to school/library/dad's office/etc.

Captain Ben
April 1, 2006, 3:16 pm
I THINK you friends should bite the bullet and download the bloody game.

Kids these days...

edak
April 2, 2006, 7:35 am
And if you aren't smart enough to burn a CD, put it on USB, OMG 11MB isn't much.

I vote this to be a complete waste of time.

bja888
April 2, 2006, 9:06 am
Do in flash... NO!
Too big of a change the window will loose focus.

The closest option...
.Net framework 2.0 has a new feature that installs a program on your computer and runs the program as soon as you click it.

Regardless of how you view the program it WILL have to be downloaded. You just need to skip the install phase.

Yes, that means you download web pages. There is not some magic that lets you view things without downloading.

DeMo
April 2, 2006, 11:01 am
Dude just burn the damn thing to a CD or copy it to a pendrive and take it to your friend's house!

Deleted User
April 2, 2006, 6:41 pm
I use my iPod to do stuff like that...

I just used it today yesterday whatever at a lanparty to install it on a few comps

damnnation
April 2, 2006, 6:47 pm
OH HELL NO!!