( search forums )
Server won't run
Soldat Forums - Server Talk - Server Help
DaRabman
April 1, 2006, 12:55 am
Lo peeps,
Running latest server install (without patch) in linux, router is configured (ports forwarded etc) and got the basics set in soldat.ini, but it gets no further than 'Welcome to Soldat' before going
[code]Exception EIdCouldNotBindSocket in module soldatserver at 080773A7
Could not bind socket. Address and port are already in use.[/code]Egads, it boggles the mind. I've tried setting Dont_Forward in soldat.ini to 1, out of blind hope, but to no avail. The GUI dedicated server runs fine from windows on the same machine, which I'm sure solves nothing.
I've forwarded ports for client/server and file transfer following the sticky on this forum, any clues?
Sam.

Deleted User
April 1, 2006, 2:02 am
Address and port are already in use.
Problem Answered.
-
You already have an application listening on port 23073/23083 TCP, type in 'ps aux' and check the running processes, make sure there isnt already a soldatserver running

Denacke
April 1, 2006, 10:24 am
Aye, I used to have that same problem a year or so ago too.

Mostly it's just your soldatserver that didn't close properly.
"ps -A |grep soldatserver"

"kill -9 <pid>" <pid> is the value in the first column when you do ps -A |grep soldatserver

Hope it helps.

KeFear
April 1, 2006, 6:48 pm
you can also use "killall soldatserver" to kill the process

Deleted User
April 2, 2006, 1:46 am
you mean "killall -9 soldatserver"

Another alternative:
netstat -n --listening -p | grep 23073

^^ That will give you the PID of the server listening on port 23073.

Deleted User
April 3, 2006, 5:32 pm
The same thing keeps happening to me. The router ports are forwarded, the soldat.ini is configured and I have re extratced the server from the zip file multiple times.
The server is running Ubuntu Linux 5.10

chrisgbk
April 3, 2006, 8:20 pm
As said above, this error is caused by either the port being used by another application, or being used by a soldatserver process that didn't properly shutdown. Follow what was said by everyone else above.