( search forums )
Ideas from...
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Deleted User
April 1, 2006, 1:22 am
Ideas from...: http://forum.soldat.com.br/index.php?showtopic=10125
 Quote:- New game modes like Counter-Strike (hostage rescue, bomb defusal).
- Custom sounds for "Double kill", "Triple kill" etc...
- Add a 3rd weapons menu.
- Make map objects interact with the player (eg: shooting some things destroys them).
- Throw the HAT!
- Create new manuevers (like the backflip).
- New game modes where killing is disabled (race, climb etc).
- Disable barret shooting while the player is on air.
- Pressing SHIFT makes the player walk slower (but faster than when crouched).
- More realistic game mode where there aren't medkits but a player on the team that acts as a doctor.
- New resolution (800x600) for bigger and more detailed graphics.
- Add a supporting automatic gun which would be used like the LAW in 1.3.1.
- Add a Dominating game mode (like Battlefield and Warrock) where the team needs to control a certain area of the map to win.
- Improve the Berserker bonus to also include more JET.
- Add a special kind of weapon that can only be used with more than one player together (eg: Power Rangers).
- Add a Single Player/Adventure campaign.
- Add remote and proximity bombs/mines.
- Improve the console, make it better and easier to read.
- Include a command (like /nick newnick) to change nickname during gameplay.
- Add support for colored chat messages, would improve the use of TAUNTS specially on clan matches.

vash763
April 1, 2006, 11:54 am
I agree with all of them.

Besides the Barret.

I would like you to explain the automatic LAW type weapon. Do you mean an automatic gun, or something that shoots a few rockets?

Captain Ben
April 1, 2006, 3:22 pm
Power Rangers FTW

- Tek -
April 2, 2006, 5:30 am
lol hat throw, like mortal kombat.

mar77a
April 2, 2006, 5:34 am
lo, they all suck, and have been suggested and suck and have been suggested

DeMo
April 2, 2006, 11:29 am
That's what happens when you ask for suggestions from a bunch of 12 year old kids (this explains the Power Rangers example).

Hunterz made the thread on soldat.com.br forums, then people came and gave suggestions, he selected what seemed to be the best and I translated the stuff. I even removed some oversuggested [CENSORED] like vehicles, new weapons, new hairs...

I hate when people suggest Counter-Strike [CENSORED], Soldat is NOT CS! I had to remove flashbang and smoke grenades from the list. Why would you need a flash/smoke grenade on a 2D game? I don't agree with the single player stuff too, Soldat is meant to be played online since it was released.. no need to change that. Stop the barret from shooting while flying.. very stupid but I had to keep some stuff to make the list bigger! :D

I couldn't understand what they meant with "Add a 3rd weapons menu" and the "Supporting gun used like the LAW". I asked but nobody replied so I just translated it. I think the guy who said 3rd menu wanted more weapons or tertiary weapons. And the supporting gun thing was suggest by a kid who loves the Stationary Gun and is always complaining because he thinks the SG should be enabled in the servers. This supporting gun would be his way to camp with an auto since the SG is disabled.

I agree with the 800x600 resolution, better console, change nick ingame and colored taunts.

Dark_Noddy
April 2, 2006, 3:04 pm
Add a Dominating game mode (like Battlefield and Warrock) where the team needs to control a certain area of the map to win.
This could work ^^ but it would prolly be like the htf >_< never played

Create new manuevers (like the backflip).
I dont want this bu many ppl do I reckon... This idea is OK I guess..

Improve the console, make it better and easier to read.
Whats hard to read ? :o
Only think I would liked done with the console is making the feeds syntaxed with a delimiter to split nick / team (y/n) / msg.

New resolution (800x600) for bigger and more detailed graphics.
For the resolution part, why ?
for graphics, could be interesting but still: why ?

Add support for colored chat messages, would improve the use of TAUNTS specially on clan matches.
rrr... SPAM ! well I dont mind it asloong as you could have a color filter on.

All the rest.
Stupid / Can be done as it is / Waste of time / just NO!