( search forums )
CTF_Imposter
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Pride
April 1, 2006, 8:19 pm
I made this map pretty quickly to get used to multitextures but it's ok...I suppose.
[IMAGE]
Download

Mothafix
April 1, 2006, 8:28 pm
Wow this is a good map.
Nice shading and scenery.
That water is cool too!
Gotta love this map. GJ

Eagles_Arrows
April 1, 2006, 8:55 pm
Multitexture friend me good.

Those are some unique bridges, seeing as thought they rise (I also saw a bridge like those in Depredation)

Pride
April 1, 2006, 9:07 pm
Yep, I've been in a gravity defying bridges mood lately, though they are possible to make...

rabidhamster
April 1, 2006, 9:57 pm
i love gravity defying bridges so much...

DeMonIc
April 2, 2006, 10:21 am
I love your bridges. Really, they own ( I could never make good bridges, you have talent for that )

Now for the bad stuff.

The tree looks ugly, and the red and blue lights are hideous ( I tried those too. Don't use them :) ). You could make better water by making a big blank.bmp and putting an fx_li_beam.png on it rotated, it looks like it has 'depth' if you place it right ( if you already did that, have bigger contrast between the two sceneries so it's more noticable ). If you want cool tunnels, use black fx_li_beam's on the ceiling of the tunnel, it looks neater that way.

I can't really judge the gameplay from the overview, but my guess is that M79 boosters would be a problem for the top route, and the middle could turn into a sprayfest.

You're on the way to become a great mapper, keep it up.

Raptor
April 2, 2006, 8:57 pm
There's a lot of space in the map, but the shading and coloring are ptretty impressive. The bridges too ;)