( search forums )
chatting
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
soulhunter
April 3, 2006, 11:25 am
while typing, chatting, many get killed or situations get missunderstood or maybe not...anyway
It would be great if there was a tag or any kind of sign that shows the player is typing/writing/chatting something like in q3.
just a suggestion..
comments?

Deleted User
April 3, 2006, 1:01 pm
This has been suggested before, the idea was a little speech bubble would appear whilst you were typing. Its a good idea though, so I won't delete the topic :P

Eagles_Arrows
April 3, 2006, 1:10 pm
Either way, people will still typekill, but what the hey, that idea does sound good. Thumbs up.

lithium
April 3, 2006, 2:06 pm
1) People will still typekill
2) People might abuse it by typing a letter and waiting for their enemies to go away before moving again.

The Geologist
April 3, 2006, 5:12 pm
Instead of having some sort of sign over the players head, I'd prefer a key (I dunno...any random key) that would quickly get one out of the chat screen without having to delete or backspace ones way out. So if I've typed up a sentance but I see I'm about to get killed, I can just tap this key, the chat screen disappears, and I can move my soldat once more.

Eagles_Arrows
April 3, 2006, 6:12 pm
Games like UT2004 have set the F2 key to open up a chat window where you can chat from there. I'd like a feature like that.

Deleted User
April 3, 2006, 6:16 pm
Like in gunz ?

mike323
April 3, 2006, 11:43 pm
I think an essential helper for typing would be to disable the key "T" for a half-second after it is pressed, so you don't say things like "thi" and "tlol"

Koon
April 3, 2006, 11:57 pm
thats a little offtopic but that would also be nice.

XenocidE
April 4, 2006, 12:14 am
 Quote:Originally posted by The GeologistInstead of having some sort of sign over the players head, I'd prefer a key (I dunno...any random key) that would quickly get one out of the chat screen without having to delete or backspace ones way out. So if I've typed up a sentance but I see I'm about to get killed, I can just tap this key, the chat screen disappears, and I can move my soldat once more.

Well, we sort of have this now. If you start typing and then the 'Fire' key you stop typing and you can then attack. Your message is also saved so you can finish out your sentence later.

Antifate
April 4, 2006, 12:19 am
Huh... I see no problem with typing... I remember you can just click to get out of it.