( search forums )
Soldat Forums in its old glory
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
thekingkitty
April 4, 2006, 3:05 pm
http://web.archive.org/web/20041023125101/soldatforums.com/sitenews.asp

wow thats how soldat forums used to look like!?

damnnation
April 4, 2006, 3:18 pm
yes, and i my opinion that was wayyy better then how it looks now...

DeMonIc
April 4, 2006, 3:19 pm
Yeah, back when I joined, they were like that. Good 'ol days. Community was much better too ( except for the spamming retards such as myself ).

damnnation
April 4, 2006, 3:23 pm
yeah, those where the REAL GOOD times, not to much spamming...(exept CC and Cr4ck...and some other peaple that i can't remember the names of)

Deleted User
April 4, 2006, 3:29 pm
M.

Deleted User
April 4, 2006, 3:32 pm
The sites are looking better than now!

Leo
April 4, 2006, 3:53 pm
Registered at 2003 but don't remember how forums was back then. I am too old...

Chakra`
April 4, 2006, 4:04 pm
Yeah. Wanna get that [CENSORED] back some day ... problem is these current forums are wack. No way of upgrading them any further in it's current state.

Like the logo btw? :)

XenocidE
April 4, 2006, 4:30 pm
That's like bringing out an old photoalbum. I kind of want to go back in my old Soldat Folders and look at some of the demos and screens. The banner is just something that should never be forgot. Thanks for bringing back some good old memories, I actually forgot what the layout even looked like back then.

Raptor
April 4, 2006, 4:33 pm
Wow, I never saw that face of the soldat forums (but I saw that logo)

It would be cool if we change it back.

Deleted User
April 4, 2006, 5:07 pm
I can remember the old forum avatar... I'm not here reged too long ...but I like the old-look of this forums.

respect

Cookie.
April 4, 2006, 5:31 pm
If I recall Styx chopped out all the extra features because it ate way to much bandwidth? :(

Deleted User
April 4, 2006, 5:37 pm
ahh.. i miss that.. especially the darker blue color.

rabidhamster
April 4, 2006, 8:01 pm
I wish I had joined the forums when I first started playing Soldat heavily (beginning of 1.2). I feel like such an outcast sometimes...

damnnation
April 4, 2006, 8:03 pm
that's cauze you are one rabidhamster...over 70% of these forums now are outcasts...

XenocidE
April 4, 2006, 8:04 pm
So then how do you tell the difference between someone who is an outcast and someone who isn't?

staskesi
April 4, 2006, 8:11 pm
it was nicier

mar77a
April 4, 2006, 9:33 pm
:( i miss them :( :( :(

Echo_Trail
April 4, 2006, 9:42 pm
Aw man. That sure looks great! Warms the heart, ye? Hey, maybe we could run a "retro-week" or something? Put everything back the way it used to be for a wekk or so? :)

Deleted User
April 4, 2006, 11:40 pm
Oohh, Well I must say I've neva been 'round Soldat at that time. I must say though, pretty swanky lookin' back then.

Koon
April 4, 2006, 11:53 pm
The pic at the top was a lot better.

Marbire
April 4, 2006, 11:58 pm
Umm.... that's not that different... And that's only soldat 1.2, CMON now. All you kids are calling it the glory days already, lol

peemonkey
April 5, 2006, 12:05 am
I remember the mainpage...
Chakra, get workin on another host/forum code, and let's get the mainpage back :P

rabidhamster
April 5, 2006, 12:39 am
Would I be considered an outcast if I came to the forums shortly after the release of 1.2?

Edit: Along with the removal of the bash pit to a half page of topics max, peemonkey :D

mar77a
April 5, 2006, 2:20 am
Mmm, i guess yes rabid. Anyways i dont think that really matters...

Deleted User
April 5, 2006, 5:08 am
Wow. I think it looks better that way. Easier to read text, member spotlite, better forum logo (i still wish they didn't change it)

Da cHeeSeMaN
April 5, 2006, 1:33 pm
i remeber that lol

GluLm
April 5, 2006, 1:35 pm
I used to be against the "big change" of soldat forums, back when Styx set up speedball and remove the upload feature. Well it wasn't big deal actually, the forums were supposed to be faster after this.
Anyway, this one wasn't the first version. Ah pointless nostalgia...

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

Chakra got banned, I don't remember why. xD

Snitz' are good forums, old and newer versions.

Chakra`
April 5, 2006, 1:57 pm
Ahh yes. Was 'cos Styx was a complete [CENSORED].

I had a signiture image, little more than 4kb (max allowed 20kb), but it was literally '5 pixels' over the size limit. Twat banned me for a week with no warning.

Chakra`
April 5, 2006, 1:57 pm
Ahh yes. Was 'cos Styx was a complete [CENSORED].

I had a signiture image, little more than 4kb (max allowed 20kb), but it was literally '5 pixels' over the size limit. Twat banned me for a week with no warning.

damnnation
April 5, 2006, 2:06 pm
^DOUBLE POST, SPAMMER? BANBAN^
ghihi, sorry, don't ban me....plz?:)

Captain Ben
April 5, 2006, 2:08 pm
Should I point it out?

yeah, I wish we could go back to that old logo once again, and also get those little Xmas soldats that float down the page back. Who cares if we're... 8 months early.

GluLm
April 5, 2006, 9:06 pm
 Quote:Chakra` wrote: I had a signiture imageYou mean that puppet signature? Or that one with Michal the duck saying "don't be a barretard". ;)

Soldat Xmas bleah
[IMAGE]

rabidhamster
April 5, 2006, 9:58 pm
I really wish I had come here earlier...

Liber_Lupus
April 5, 2006, 10:23 pm
I can still remember those topics like they were there just few weeks ago.

Deleted User
April 6, 2006, 12:19 am
Skate4Razors :D

Yeah the old forums were pretty nifty, these are alright though.

Chakra`
April 6, 2006, 1:13 am
... @ double post.

Forum lag for ya. How appropriate.

peemonkey
April 6, 2006, 2:11 am
Forum lag was better with no post speed limit :P 5 posts in a minute.
NOSTALGIA

Unlucky 13
April 6, 2006, 2:45 am
Heh I remembered the Birthday feature a little, as well as the featured member (although it usually featured a non-active member, go figure, eh?)

Zero72
April 6, 2006, 8:49 am
Wow, I remember that now that I see it. To be honest, I thought it was pretty cluttered and ugly. :/

vash763
April 6, 2006, 10:18 am
ZEOR IS CLUTRTERDA ND UGLY

I wish I was here for that. /cries

DeMo
April 6, 2006, 10:41 am
Ahhhhh I remember the old days.
There was a time when styx implemented some kind of world map where you could click the countries and see the forum members that lived there.

Chakra is right, there's nothing that can be done to improve this (Snitz) forum. I guess the latest version was released in 2004!! Today everybody goes with PHP, mainly Invision (paid), vBulletin (paid) and phpBB (free). There's also a good PHP (free) forum software called Simple Machines (SMF). If you search the official pages you'll see that there are a lot of converters available to transfer all data from the Snitz database to the new forum. Maybe you guys could try it sometime.

Chakra`
April 6, 2006, 4:23 pm
Already looked into it Demo. Not sure what our old boy Styx did to these forums when he 'trimmed' it of all the added stuff we had before, but it's all messed up inside and refuses to convert to anything. We got files in this forum from different versions of snitz, random errors here and there for no good reason, missing parts and a dodgy host.

All in all, we're doing ok.

Give it time, I still got a few tricks up my sleeve...

Deleted User
April 6, 2006, 6:26 pm
^
|

Sounds like some governments :O

GAMEOVER
April 6, 2006, 8:32 pm
I like that template better, mancer made a real nice graphical one, dunno how we got stuck with this fugly one. We should change it.

http://www.woltlab.de/

shoover
April 7, 2006, 11:25 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by thekingkittyhttp://web.archive.org/web/20041023125101/soldatforums.com/sitenews.asp

wow thats how soldat forums used to look like!?

lol all the images are not on there anymore.

ThaD
April 11, 2006, 5:08 pm
http://web.archive.org/web/20020814083336/http://soldat.hamigaki.com/forums/ - this is how Soldatforums looked like at the very beggining, enjoy.

Eagles_Arrows
April 11, 2006, 5:15 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by ThaDhttp://web.archive.org/web/20020814083336/http://soldat.hamigaki.com/forums/ - this is how Soldatforums looked like at the very beggining, enjoy.

That looks completely different from this one and the other one.

ThaD
April 11, 2006, 5:25 pm
the current forums replaced the board in the link above