( search forums )
Clanmatch Option
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
XenocidE
April 6, 2006, 10:56 pm
Alright, I've seen the ClanMatch Option in the config.ini for quite a long time now. Does anyone know the true actual purpose of this setting?

I haven't really talk to a lot of people (only Brick). I've started just a regular private server to maybe further understand what this setting is used for, but I haven't found anything. The only real thing I've noticed is that when the server starts it comes up at the top saying "ClanMatch Enabled" (or something similar).

Anyone have any idea?

Chakra`
April 6, 2006, 11:10 pm
Far as I recall, what it does is match everyones skin to that of the first person to join each team.

So if the first guy on Alpha Team is in all black trousers and white hair, anyone else who joins Alpha Team will be in all black trousers with white hair. (along with the red shirt as usual).

XenocidE
April 6, 2006, 11:21 pm
Alright, this somewhat gives me an idea and thought. I really just wanted to know since I've been thinking of some new ideas. Thanks Chakra.

person
April 6, 2006, 11:55 pm
No I thought it only works in DM, and that it's only the shirt colour that is changed to match the first player who enters the server which is applied to everyone who follows.

mar77a
April 7, 2006, 1:30 am
Nope, it's for team-based games. The first one to join determines the shirt color of all the other players that join after him. I'ts pretty cool but i have never seen it online. :(

person
April 7, 2006, 10:12 am
I've only ever seen it online on DM servers...

mar77a
April 7, 2006, 6:53 pm
that doesnt make sense, it's for teamed games only

.Twelve
April 7, 2006, 10:18 pm
I've seen it once or twice and didn't think much of it.
I thought the colors were set by the admin.