( search forums )
help for a noob
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
blinkycc13
April 7, 2006, 12:50 am
Two questions:
1) how do you throw the knife?
2) how do you use mods? I put that file i downloaded into the MODS folder. Now what?

Deleted User
April 7, 2006, 1:30 am
You can only use the mods that you put in the mods folder if you have registered copy of soldat.
And when you register and put your mods in the mods folder you have to start soldat with the parameter -mod (X)
replace (x) with the folder of the mod within the mods folder.

mar77a
April 7, 2006, 1:32 am
^ that way is old eagles.

To use use mods, create a folder wiht the mod name into the /Mods folder, for example, Soldat/Mods/CS/
You put all the files in there (with the corresponding subdirectories), then , from the command-line (start->run->command) you chdir to your main soldat folder and type:
[code]
soldat.exe -mod "MODNAME HERE"
[/code]

For more info, check this link -> http://www.soldatforums.com/topic.asp?topic_id=26217

-VzX- Silverflame
April 7, 2006, 3:04 am
or u can do what mar77a said and just have a shortcut of the icon on your desktop (ex. install mod in soldat folder, put shortcut to the mod your desktop, its the way i do it)

numgun
April 7, 2006, 7:31 am
on question 1 id like to say RTFM, but press 'F' while holding the knife...

shoover
April 7, 2006, 11:21 pm
just make sure u didnt change anything in the soldat.ini and the players option, you know the key controls.

Took me a week to throw a knife lol

blinkycc13
April 7, 2006, 11:46 pm
ahhhh thanks much. is the way you take a "screenshot" by using the print screen button on the keyboard?

rabidhamster
April 7, 2006, 11:50 pm
As usual, yes.

Edit: Please, read the fecking manual.

Deleted User
April 8, 2006, 12:08 am
F4 to take a proper soldat SS

blinkycc13
April 9, 2006, 5:02 am
what does f4 do?
edit: how does one effectively employ the SOCOM? it doesn't seem very good.

Deleted User
April 9, 2006, 5:40 am
Pulling the trigger helps.

blinkycc13
April 9, 2006, 5:50 am
oh of course, how could i forget?!?!?!? that's not necessarily good.
it doesn't seem very good. my question is: how is it useful?

Deleted User
April 9, 2006, 5:56 am
Pull the trigger and aim, too.

blinkycc13
April 9, 2006, 7:15 am
really? clever!

100 percent Cotton
April 9, 2006, 12:44 pm
oh, and it helps if there are people to aim at, aiming at rocks doesn't help too much.

Deleted User
April 9, 2006, 1:07 pm
the people should be alive aswell, and on the enemy team.
but serioulsey soldat has a good manual that you can read before you come here to ask questions, because as you see you dont get all that much help here.

100 percent Cotton
April 9, 2006, 1:20 pm
Yep, all you get are sarcastic posts from the forum goers, as well as the occasional flamer.

Or all those goodies who actually *help* people...wierdos.

And not neccesarily on the other team...what if team fire is enabled and you don't like someone?

rabidhamster
April 9, 2006, 2:39 pm
As my 1000th post, I would like to say something constructive.

The socom is the most used secondary weapon. If you click fast enough (I can't), it can fire 5 bullets a second. If you are good at headshots, someone at full health can be eliminated within 5 shots. Sound like crap? Hell no. The socom reloads in a wee bit over one second. It can't even be binked! Practice enough with the socom, and it can be as effective as a primary.

bond_james_bond
April 9, 2006, 2:59 pm
That soldat guide up above should have something for you... Maybe a little morde detailed than the manual

blinkycc13
April 9, 2006, 6:07 pm
ahh thank you rabid hamster.

nfsjunkie91
April 9, 2006, 6:47 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by jrgpYou can only use the mods that you put in the mods folder if you have registered copy of soldat.
And when you register and put your mods in the mods folder you have to start soldat with the parameter -mod (X)
replace (x) with the folder of the mod within the mods folder.

You don't need to be registered to use mods. Interfaces yes, mods no.