( search forums )
Banning Player Impersonators
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
splinter
April 8, 2006, 4:33 am

|sCoA| Devil-May-Cry

Recently someone has been Wrongfully Impersonating my soldat player name: |sCoA| Devil-May-Cry and indoing so has been on many servers Swearing and being racist towards other fellow soldat players thus making me seem bad and damaging my Reputationand my current clans status as a soldat clan. I would be very pleased if someone could contact me via an email to help me identify what necessary step and actions
i am permitted to take.

Thanks alot

|sCoA| Devil-May-Cry

FliesLikeABrick
April 8, 2006, 5:23 am
Unfortunately there is not much that you can do. The thing you can do is contact the server owners and find out the IP of the impersonator, have them compare it to yours (you can get yours by going to www.whatismyip.com ). Have them ban whoever is impersonating you, as well as give you the IP(s) you were impersonated from. Also suggest that perhaps those server owners opt-in to NR, a nickname preservation tool for servers. http://nr.enesce.com or contact nick@enesce.com (pass that information on to them)

Aside from this, the only things I can suggest is what I mentioned above, as well as to change your nickname until this all blows over, just so you don't get harassed whenever you go into a server where you were impersonated.

I'm going to lock this topic, only because it is a fuzzy area on the forums, and there isn't all that much more to be said. If anyone disagrees with this locking, contact me via PM and I will discuss the option of re-opening it.