( search forums )
moved: Dedicated server help.
Soldat Forums - Server Talk - Server Help
Sircubes
April 8, 2006, 6:57 am
I am having a problem with my dedicated server. I have it running, and i can get in it locally. I have the recquired ports open, but noone can ping it. All my firewalls have been turned off, and I can't figure out how to fix it. I've tried manually searched throught the forums a little bit and have used the search button, but I haven't found anything that fixes it. Can someone help me out with this? Any help is appreciated :)

FliesLikeABrick
April 8, 2006, 7:17 am
Moved to the correct forum ;)

shoover
April 8, 2006, 9:28 pm
Thats mean flies, he could have thought sum1 actually replied to this :P.

Anyways did you get the server lobbies registerd? check lobby_servers.txt in the soldat\ directory. if 3 of them are there then that means its fine.

Is it connected? Did you goto options and under network selected internet? then register the lobby server?

When you join a game find your ip of the dedicated server, type it into the IP box, and hit join game. try that aswell.

Or make sure you arent filtering anything out to prevent you from seeing your server.

Sircubes
April 9, 2006, 1:28 am
Thanks for moving it to the right area :)

Yes, all three lobby servers are there. I can see my own server in the lobby an so can my friend, and (obviously) it is connected to the internet :).

Anyway, I tried hosting a server a long time ago. Just recently I picked it up again, trying deperately to host a freeking server for my (soon to be growing) clan that me and a friend are starting... My friend and I have made some improvements since the last time, like opening the right ports, but still... no dice :(. Thanks for trying to help though :)

Frenris
April 9, 2006, 10:49 pm
Are you sure your router is forwarding the data from those ports to your computer? It's not just a matter of openning them.