( search forums )
PPC (windows mobile) version
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
UltraMagnus
April 8, 2006, 5:29 pm
now, a PSP, DS, GBA, ect version has been suggested hundreds of times. and frankly is impossible without reprograming the entire game for an entire different architecture using an entirly differnt language...

but what about a pocket PC version?

i mean, it makes sense to have a "pocket" version of soldat, and there are no royalty problems, and they have more than enough power nowadays, for instance my axim has around a 600mhz processor and a dedicated graphics chip, which is enough to play the full desktop soldat!

discuss

rabidhamster
April 8, 2006, 8:14 pm
Would there be enough keys?

UltraMagnus
April 8, 2006, 9:31 pm
umm, what do you mean?

FliesLikeABrick
April 8, 2006, 9:36 pm
no, it won't happen. No portable device has the specs to play the game properly (with the exception of gaming devices such as the PSP)

Deleted User
April 8, 2006, 9:36 pm
to play, would you be able to play on those tiny wee, limited in number keys

UltraMagnus
April 8, 2006, 9:41 pm
flies, as i said there are already devices that exceed the requirments for the destop version of soldat.

as for the keys, most have atleast 5 plus a directional pad, then there is always bluetooth gamepads

edit: dont forget the touch screen

Aegis
April 8, 2006, 10:23 pm
What you are asking for will never happen.
Please observe: Michal is already occupied on a new 3D project, which is going to take a lot of time as it is. DirectX does not exist on palm/pocketpc as far as I know, and I have a feeling Delphi doesn't either.
What exact use does a portable Soldat really have? If you are not at your computer, you should proably be doing other things. Also, I have to imagine playing against bots all the time would get pretty boring. Also, do try to imagine how hard it will be to see anything on a handheld-sized display: Your view would have to be extremely limited to even consider it.

This 'handheld port' thing is starting to feel like vehicles topics..

a-4-year-old
April 8, 2006, 10:58 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by UltraMagnusflies, as i said there are already devices that exceed the requirments for the destop version of soldat.

as for the keys, most have atleast 5 plus a directional pad, then there is always bluetooth gamepads

edit: dont forget the touch screen

do you have directx? do you even have a graphics card?

end...

Deleted User
April 9, 2006, 8:51 am
 Quote:Originally posted by a-4-year-olddo you have directx? do you even have a graphics card?

end...

Indeed.