( search forums )
weapons with ammo feed?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - General Discussions
numgun
April 8, 2006, 9:17 pm
im completely redoing my ''EX-gundam mod 3.0'' and im looking for a decend minigun replacement. ( a futuristic like shell weapon with some type of ammo feed...)

to meisseli: yea, u were right. the minigun DOES actually sux ; /

rabidhamster
April 8, 2006, 10:32 pm
Replace the minigun gfx with the stat gun gfx, mod it a bit (make it less assymetrical), and give it some cool .ini settings. I think that would be stealing though, so never mind.

numgun
April 9, 2006, 1:33 am
ee... i meant where can i find pics with futuristic like guns that have an ammo feed? : P

Pyroguy
April 15, 2006, 3:26 am
Maybe you could make your own that is like a 30 shot quick-repeating railgun. Mechs NEVER has exposed ammo belts, one because they would just get shot, and two because you can't really re-load it (all mechs feed ammo through the arms and such so they don't have to fumble like humans with clips and stuff). Maybe you could make an "plasma" gatling gun that feeds its ammo through a magnetically maintained "plasma tube".

Eoi
April 15, 2006, 5:06 pm
Mäjsseli gave me this site, I use it now, could maybe help you.
http://www.norrkoping.bonet.se/rad/guns/

Mäjsseli
April 15, 2006, 6:18 pm
I personally like the Militech Arms Tactical SAW
[IMAGE]
best. But u could allways make that to look gundam ^_^ . Wait a sec. I'll look a decent gun for u.
Militech Arms Carbine XC-5
Militech Arms Carbine XC-5
Dai Lung MIL-3
___
AND-THE-LAST-BUT-NOT--...LEAST----
____
Arasaka Assassin
__
Hope that will help you.

Koon
April 15, 2006, 11:34 pm
the last one would be a perfect mp5 replacement if you took out the bayonett.

numgun
April 16, 2006, 1:54 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by PyroguyMaybe you could make your own that is like a 30 shot quick-repeating railgun. Mechs NEVER has exposed ammo belts, one because they would just get shot, and two because you can't really re-load it (all mechs feed ammo through the arms and such so they don't have to fumble like humans with clips and stuff). Maybe you could make an "plasma" gatling gun that feeds its ammo through a magnetically maintained "plasma tube".

never? thats bullsh1t.
[IMAGE]

How do you explain that? and those kind of guns im looking for...

Eoi
April 16, 2006, 2:07 pm
You're looking for a chaingun:
[URL]
[URL]
[URL]

Are these ok?

You could also search for mechassault 2, they have some cool guns, I would have scanned in the manual, but I sold the game.

Mäjsseli
April 16, 2006, 6:05 pm
I dont think that Doom guns and quake guns match for the ones that RC is looking for. Am i right? Well if u could make similiar to that one (ofcourse more kickass) i would be pleased and amazed. And make it to fire as realistic as possible. And make it look as it is detached to the arm of the mech. That would be cool.

Pyroguy
April 17, 2006, 1:01 am
Meh, everyone knows the Wolverine is crap anyways (that's the C&C Reborn exo-suit armor). And even if you do have "exposed" ammo, it runs through a guide; ever seen miniguns on helicopters? Aircraft don't have to worry because you arn't supposed to get hit by ground fire anyways (except maybe for the A-10 Warthog, but it's a different story). Tanks and mechs would never have them because they can jam so easily and explode from shrapnel and stuff.

Mäjsseli
April 17, 2006, 10:11 am
You have a point there. Hmm. Ill try to use my paint quikly and show my idea... Just a moment.
[IMAGE]
Yeah. I know. But if u could use this as a basic idea it would be cool.

numgun
April 17, 2006, 3:11 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by MäjsseliI dont think that Doom guns and quake guns match for the ones that RC is looking for. Am i right?

no, actually that is what im looking for. the weapon has its own bullet storage from where it pumps bullets or plasma thru a tube in the the gun.

and btw, u guys seen matrix: revolutions? there a kewl mech that has ammo feed into its badass guns.

Mäjsseli
April 17, 2006, 4:49 pm
Yes. Its very neat machine. Are you going to make that type of thing?
well ]HERE'S[ an cool image of it. Thats is what u mean?
Found another one
http://www.spawn.com/toys/movies/matrix2/apu/images/matrix2_apu_photo_02_dp.jpg

numgun
April 18, 2006, 1:17 pm
im thinking of the ammo feed on the guns... *yummy*

Deleted User
April 18, 2006, 3:02 pm
[IMAGE]
Militech Arms Tactical SAW
[IMAGE]

numgun
April 18, 2006, 5:59 pm