( search forums )
Found someone who already knew about Soldat...
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
rabidhamster
April 8, 2006, 11:02 pm
Before I start, just so things aren't confusing:

I = me
sibling = my sister
friend = my sister's friend
sister = my sister's friend's sister

My sibling is having her friend over right now, and they passed by the screen while I was mapping. Friend looks at the screen and says "Oh my god my sister plays that game!" That was one of the weirdest things ever. I've never known anyone in real life who knew about Soldat before I told them.

Just in case this person is on the forums, friend's last name is Chartrand. Anyone here? If so, this would be very cool. And weird.

Anyone else ever meet someone in real life who knew about Soldat?

bond_james_bond
April 8, 2006, 11:05 pm
you two are obviously destines by Soldat. Perhaps you should arrange some sort of.. shall I say.. Formal meeting?

bja888
April 8, 2006, 11:39 pm
I went on the urban terror forums after leaving these forums to complain about corrupt files. In one spot I accidentally put 'soldat' instead of 'urban terror'. Someone corrected me and I was surprised to find that most of their forums knew about this game.

Deleted User
April 8, 2006, 11:56 pm
turns out the dude sitting next to me in school plays soldat. actually about 4 people in my class plays soldat and I dint know untill a few days ago. beat that :D

m00`
April 9, 2006, 12:20 am
lol I know no one that plays it/likes it, 3 of my friends played it like once and said "ZOMG BAD GRAFIX LOLER, SHYT GAME LOL???"

oh and another friend of mine who left the school once played it, I owned him so much and he finally killed me once then he kept on bragging "LOLOL OWNED, I KICKED YOUR ASS MAN IN YOUR FACE" he loves the game but he doesnt play anymore hehe

rabidhamster
April 9, 2006, 12:23 am
^That always happens if you introduce it to anyone who doesn't understand retro games.

.Twelve
April 9, 2006, 12:23 am
I've had to show everyone about it so far. :(

shoover
April 9, 2006, 1:01 am
i remember when my old page had an about soldat section, i got 3 ppl that i sit with lunch playing that game.

bja888
April 9, 2006, 2:37 am
The first time I cam across it was my in a computer lab in my school high school. 3 almost 4 years ago.

Eagles_Arrows
April 9, 2006, 3:47 am
I've two schoolmates who've already heard about Soldat.

Unlucky 13
April 9, 2006, 4:20 am
I told a few friends about it, and most like it, although a few have become victim of the "Non-3D = crap" disorder. *sigh*, and yet they like all those stupid flash games...

vash763
April 9, 2006, 5:50 am
I found Soldat when kid tried to start up a LAN game in my Digital Design class.

Then I told friend of mine about it, and he pretty much did the same thing as m00's friend did, then he proceeded to tell me about how I should play CS.

100 percent Cotton
April 9, 2006, 6:28 am
strangely...I mentioned it at school at most of my friends knew about it, if hadn't played it.

THen again, all my friends a nerds...so...not that incredible.

Echo_Trail
April 9, 2006, 11:49 am
Well, lot's o danes know about soldat. very few play it though. But it's always like, "so what games are you playing?"

"Aw, not many! Soldat for one"

"OMG, I know that game".. and so on.

Chakra`
April 9, 2006, 12:53 pm
I met a guy on a harmonica voice-chat thing that was actually good friends with a guy called AlexOner, who some of you may know in the european clanning world.

Said he was a twat, and never really got into Soldat himself.

..suprising amount of people do know of Soldat though. Penny Arcade community used to even run a server.

DeMonIc
April 9, 2006, 1:29 pm
I go to Hungarian Soldat meets. Small country + enthusiastic alcoholic players = Soldat meets.

thekingkitty
April 9, 2006, 11:24 pm
I'm all alone in the lonely world :(

Captain Ben
April 10, 2006, 12:22 pm
Is your sister hawt?
Sorry, iot was either me or Milkman Dan.
My neighbor used to play, but that was way, way back in 1.1.5 times.

Meevious
April 10, 2006, 2:16 pm
The entire nerd faction of my school play soldat via LAN every lunchtime, it really cought on.

bja888
April 10, 2006, 3:31 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by MeeviousThe entire nerd faction of my school play soldat via LAN every lunchtime, it really cought on.

Thats one of the cool things about it. You can play it on even the most secure school computer.

Eagles_Arrows
April 10, 2006, 3:32 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by bja888 Quote:Originally posted by MeeviousThe entire nerd faction of my school play soldat via LAN every lunchtime, it really cought on.

Thats one of the cool things about it. You can play it on even the most secure school computer.

I hate Bess so much, but it does no good when blocking Soldat servers, Hurraaa!!!

FliesLikeABrick
April 10, 2006, 4:39 pm
last night I found out that one of the guys I work with at one of my jobs has played soldat, had it currently installed on his laptop. It is one of the games they play at their ACM LAN parties apparently. We talked about it for a bit.

I'm awaiting the day when I meet someone in real life who plays soldat and then I mention that I run U13.net. I can just picture meeting someone and telling them that, then having them drop pants right there and be like "omg you run u13?"

Just a pipe dream I suppose, but it'd be damned funny.

nfsjunkie91
April 10, 2006, 7:59 pm
On the matter of Soldat on school computers, we have a firewall that blocks www.soldat.pl :/

rabidhamster
April 10, 2006, 8:14 pm
Same, although I could bring it on my flash drive...

XenocidE
April 11, 2006, 12:58 am
I started my first job back in 2002, and got to know 1 of my best friends now. Well, he was the one who showed me Soldat, and still to this day I play it. He moved on to College and didn't have time to play it anymore. He lost his skill and his knowledge of knowing how to play the game well, so I try to get him to try each new version hoping he'd get back into it. But I still have to agree with him, Soldat really isn't all that great at times. He just lost his Soldat Touch, and I can't restore that spirit in him anymore.

This actually goes for about 5 of my best friends now. I got them to try it, but they lost interest because of the onslaughter of people kicking their ass. And I'm not talking about guys that don't play games, my best friends play games, screw with computers, and are just plain nerdy almost all day long. They just don't have that Soldat Spirit. :(

P.S. Oh and Brick, if I met you in real life. I'd just be glad to meet someone who is as nerdy as my boss. I love having geeky talks with people all the time. Oh course no dropping-of-the-pants would happen.
P.S.S. I'm really not sure why I did another P.S.S,but eh, sounded funny.

rabidhamster
April 11, 2006, 1:33 am
Isn't it P.P.S?

FliesLikeABrick
April 11, 2006, 1:57 am
or you guys could write down the URL http://u13.net/go.php?id=1 for a direct download of it

a-4-year-old
April 11, 2006, 1:14 pm
If i was old enough, had too much money on my hands, and got really bored, i would fly to poland find MM give him a pat on the back and a beer and leave.

I think i am like a virus, by 1.2.1 i was the only person in the state, now its up to 4 :O

nobody i know plays soldat unless i somehow convinced them that it is not a virus.

rabidhamster
April 11, 2006, 4:22 pm
It kinda bugs me (no pun intended) that everyone thinks files on the internet are viruses. Anyone else annoyed?

XenocidE
April 11, 2006, 8:23 pm
Well, that file comes from the U13 Domain and is posted by brick-himself. How could you not trust it?

Captain Ben
April 12, 2006, 4:49 am
 Quote:Originally posted by XenocidEI started my first job back in 2002, and got to know 1 of my best friends now. Well, he was the one who showed me Soldat, and still to this day I play it. He moved on to College and didn't have time to play it anymore. He lost his skill and his knowledge of knowing how to play the game well, so I try to get him to try each new version hoping he'd get back into it. But I still have to agree with him, Soldat really isn't all that great at times. He just lost his Soldat Touch, and I can't restore that spirit in him anymore.

This actually goes for about 5 of my best friends now. I got them to try it, but they lost interest because of the onslaughter of people kicking their ass. And I'm not talking about guys that don't play games, my best friends play games, screw with computers, and are just plain nerdy almost all day long. They just don't have that Soldat Spirit. :(

P.S. Oh and Brick, if I met you in real life. I'd just be glad to meet someone who is as nerdy as my boss. I love having geeky talks with people all the time. Oh course no dropping-of-the-pants would happen.
P.S.S. I'm really not sure why I did another P.S.S,but eh, sounded funny.

Nerds, eh?
WHile I wouldn't call my neighbor a nerd, before he left for the army, he called up a bunch of friends an d got pissed in the backyard with them. What did they talk about? Computer modification.

100 percent Cotton
April 12, 2006, 5:35 am
Nerds can get pissed, just like everyone else.

Jap_man
April 12, 2006, 5:52 am
Aparently most of my sister's friends played Soldat, back in the 1.0.5b days. They stopped for study reasons. And one of my old primary school friends, who I hadn't talked to for about half a year IMed me a couple of months back asking me whether I played Soldat because he saw me in a server.

You'd be suprised how many people actually know of soldat and have played it atleast once or twice, well atleast that's how it is around here...

bja888
April 12, 2006, 7:33 am
 Quote:Originally posted by rabidhamsterIsn't it P.P.S?

PS stands for "post statement" so your right its PPS.

F3nyx
April 12, 2006, 10:21 am
Your sister's friend's sister was probably [Ghost]Kate :(
 Quote:PS stands for "post statement" so your right its PPS.
Post scriptum actually. But yeah, it's P.P.S.

Hiei
April 12, 2006, 3:10 pm
Well i don't know if this really counts but this little Muslim kid showed Kazuki and i Soldat when we were both in 6th grade. We hadn't really made a name for ourselves but now in tenth grade we both obviosly still do play. The little muslim although doesn't play anymore.

My school has like this thing where you download a file but you don't have access to it unless you are under admin.

Deleted User
April 12, 2006, 6:04 pm
The IT staff at my school is pretty competent in comparison to other schools... They actually blocked all the ports except a few.

I know 2 people that play it in the same city as I do, however.

Deleted User
April 12, 2006, 9:03 pm
Radioshack ftw.......i got 5 friends to play it and only 1 friend to this day plays it, becus all my other friends don't know how to use a computer.....

Mr. Raccoon
April 12, 2006, 10:59 pm
4 good friends of mine play soldat every day for at leas a couple of hours too ;x