( search forums )
Can I change the fullscreen resolution?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
angrykoopa
April 9, 2006, 1:45 am
Recently, I obtained a new laptop of a 16:9 style monitor. As you know, however, Soldat runs in a 640 by 480 resolution in fullscreen, which is 4:3. When I run the game, it not only looks terrible, but messes up my resolution afterwards. When I play in windows mode, however, it is too small to see properly in my 1280 by 800 pixel resolution. Is there a viable manner to fix this? Apologies if this was asked already.

- |XxLoCxX| I R Koopa

FliesLikeABrick
April 9, 2006, 2:31 am
no you can't change the fullscreen resolution, sorry.

Aegis
April 9, 2006, 6:44 am
Lower your resolution to 800x600 (or whatever equivalent in your screen ratio) and play in windowed mode, then restore when done. This is how I play. You can actually see everything excellent and on top of it, can see IMs and other windows. Also its less of a pain if you have to alt-tab out of soldat because it doesn't have to change resolutions..

SERIAL KILLeR
April 9, 2006, 12:20 pm
but there's a third party app. (by rainrider) that does that : http://soldatmods.edgegaming.com/temp/soldatresizer.zip

extract to your soldat directory, change in config.exe to windowed mode and disable anialising and then run the resizer.+soldat.bat file.