( search forums )
Parachute
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
--Jake--
April 9, 2006, 3:31 pm
Make it so you can ALWAYS have a parachute on you and with the press of a button the parachute opens and you glide to the ground. This would be very fun when jumping off tall buildings and you want to glide slowly to the ground while shooting with precise precision.

Echo_Trail
April 10, 2006, 3:09 pm
i'm not for your idea, though I believe there are certain possibilities to the hole concept. The idea with accurate aim during parachuting is good. And so is the thing about being able to launch it whenever you like. i just think it should be a secondary, perhaps. With long reloading time.
Thank you, echo_trail

Eagles_Arrows
April 10, 2006, 3:21 pm
I don't like this idea, actually. It seems pretty useless.

Drink Bloody Water
April 10, 2006, 10:58 pm
Well, i think its a pretty good idea. But wont you think alot of people could misuse this feature? like run away from a person about to pwn you then you just fly off a fortress like batman? I think it should be limited if this idea is going to be implemented.

Kropser
April 11, 2006, 1:02 am
I seriously dont understand how this could be an abuse... I think its cool but kind of useless. Maybe there is something about being in parachute that i dont understand.(something else then just falling slow.)Im for the idea but it aint a priority.

Keron Cyst
April 11, 2006, 2:52 am
 Quote:Originally posted by KropserI seriously dont understand how this could be an abuse...
Well, it could be flapped when you have low jet fuel, then wait a few seconds, and you accumulate more fuel and can reach higher places that otherwise would only be M79-accessible. But Echo_Trail's comment of a long reloading time would be great, or maybe even just a one- or two-time use.

-Arbalest-
April 11, 2006, 7:45 am
Probably it will only be used much in realistic mode. In normal mode you're nothing but a slowly decending target with a bulleyez painted on you. This is the problem with this idea. It's just not flexible enough and not popular enough to be implemented into soldat.

a-4-year-old
April 11, 2006, 1:20 pm
jets :O
soldat is not battlefield

Darth
April 15, 2006, 1:09 pm
This would be really useful in realistic mode like -Arbalest- said. I more or less support this idea aswell.

damnnation
April 15, 2006, 1:12 pm
no, we have jets for that...

--Jake--
April 15, 2006, 1:29 pm
Yeah we have jets. But jets are more or less for assending. Plus in realistic you have the noise of the jets when you use them so it wouldn't be much use for desending slowly, where-as if you have a parachute in realistic you can desend slowly and have a better chance at aiming or surveying the area.

(Sorry for bad spelling)

Captain Ben
April 15, 2006, 3:11 pm
Powerup.

Deleted User
April 15, 2006, 3:40 pm
I dont think we need this we have jets!

Darth
April 15, 2006, 4:16 pm
But what if you run out of jets (in relistic) and your about to hit the ground?

Dark_Noddy
April 15, 2006, 4:39 pm
Even tho the Idea seems interesting I dont see the point, we allready have jet boots >_< Isnt that enuff ? (cool: maybe Usefull: no)
Darth, just dont run out of jet ?

Mini Man
April 15, 2006, 6:45 pm
 Quote:Orginally Posted By Darth

Splat.

--Jake--
April 15, 2006, 7:59 pm
Anyway this was just an idea. Nothing personal or nothing really. I just got the idea and posted to see what you guys think about it.

a-4-year-old
April 15, 2006, 9:27 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by Mini Man Quote:Orginally Posted By Darth

Splat.

you beat me to it :/

really, if it can only be used effectively in realistic mode, it really should not be in the game, realistic mode is less than 1/4 of the game, because you have normal survival advanced and realistic, and many more settings you can change.

BooBoo McBad
April 15, 2006, 10:27 pm
In ctf, the flag carrier would see an enemy coming, m79 boost, then use the parachute for more hang time, and they'd be out of most shooters range.

a-4-year-old
April 16, 2006, 1:48 am
parachute would definently not be used for that, they would be slowed down so much by the parachute.

BooBoo McBad
April 16, 2006, 3:22 am
It would be possible though based on how they are proposing it. The player would boost with the m79 to a great high, then on the rise from the blast they'd switch to the parachute secondary, and glide away.

Da cHeeSeMaN
April 16, 2006, 8:27 am
What are the jets for then?

a-4-year-old
April 16, 2006, 12:57 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by Da cHeeSeMaNWhat are the jets for then?

jetting. parachutes are for realistic fanatics!

Deadeye Rob
April 19, 2006, 12:08 pm
What about absailing while we are about it! ;D

Interresting idea. But im unsure