( search forums )
Ctf/Htf_Constantinapole
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
DeMonIc
April 9, 2006, 6:10 pm
Constantinapole

During the winter, we had the idea of making specified themed maps at soldat.mapping. As I recon, I was the only one who finished his map, but I left it unreleased so far. Keep in mind that this was my first map where I actually used backgrounds for the interior, and SK lights were also new. Anyway, here it is, playable both HTF and CTF, a huge Medieval castle.

Screens: x[url="http://img445.imageshack.us/img445/2140/overview5vy.png">x

[Download]

Eagles_Arrows
April 9, 2006, 7:13 pm
*cries* It brings me so much joy to see maps like this.

It looks so beautiful, it reminds me of Barricade from UT'99.

EDIT: WOW, it looks even better in-game! Great texture, awesome usage of light, DURR, it's so adorable!

mar77a
April 9, 2006, 7:30 pm
very nice, very nice indeed

reminds me of cbble, dunno why

Swebonny
April 9, 2006, 7:57 pm
omfg reminds me about cs source? I dont know why, maybe aztec and the great texture :) and light?

Verrry good :)

Deleted User
April 9, 2006, 8:04 pm
I hate you :P

This map looks better suited for HTF,
And the gameplay is more than decent, if i'd change anything, i would modify the lights in the middle
tower and add a more impressive background.
Glad you changed the looks of the windows.

Deleted User
April 9, 2006, 8:44 pm
Wow, nice map.. 9/10 points ;O

headstone
April 9, 2006, 11:16 pm
I never see anyone on irc, not even idling. Must be something wrong.

Anyways, the map looks pretty good, except the shadows on the pillars are going in opposite directions, funny on the eyes (but in game doesn't matter).

The ctf playability looks wack, only the underground route and the one above that would ever be used. Not sure about HTF.

DeMonIc
April 10, 2006, 9:11 am
In ctf, the lower route is shut down, so players have to go to the castle's central garden. This way it's a bit like Ash, since even though the lower route is faster, the main structure provides more effective rushes.

rainrider
April 10, 2006, 3:49 pm
[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]
wtf?

bja888
April 10, 2006, 4:12 pm
I judge maps mostly from a game play standpoint. There are only 2 problems that prevent this map from taking ash's spot at number 1.

[IMAGE]

The thing I am standing on is about 3 person lengths too tall. It is more of a spot to get trapped in and nade spammed than a place to hide form mini fire.

[IMAGE]

This obviously was not designed for people to fight in but more to divide up the bonuses. It make it player firendly (which would make jack happy) you need to move the middle pieces slightly up or the side pieces slightly down.

Over all, its still a good map.
[IMAGE]

Raptor
April 15, 2006, 2:54 am
Very nice map! Very original and it has a really good layout! Feels like in the medieval (mediaval?) times =)