( search forums )
CTF Yakr - now wypted & fixed
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
grand_diablo
April 10, 2006, 2:29 am
ctf_Yakr is now waypointed by Eagles Arrows

Also a few polybugs were solved and some sceneries added.
PLUS: More jetfuel, one less nade crate spawns.

Im back for a short while, as Easter holidays have begun and offer me a little break while im going for the final exam...

YAKR - Yet another Kampf remake

...but actually a bit more.

A remake that ive wanted to do for a long time, since Kampf2k4 (my first attempt) didnt turn out too good, two years ago. Ive now managed to realize my reconception of Kampf. that basically preserves its main qualities and basic layout, but adds better looks and tactical deepness. Yay! Its a second way to the flag, but it still keeps Kampf simple enough and preserved its "look & feel".

Close fights on Yakr will - other than on the original Kampf - be decided by teamplay, rather than a lucky/laggy moment, enabling the flag carrier to escape from the pit, in the middle about 25 grenades and loads of bullets.

Of course, whether it looks better or offers better gameplay is a highly subjective impression, but I do hope that Ill manage to convince most of you who are maybe going to test this one out. At least it shouldnt disappoint you.

The map is NOT waypointed yet, in case some skilled waypointer would like to do it, id really appreciate it.

Have fun!

Screenshot:
http://www.denacke.net/Dibo/maps/ctf_Yakr.jpg

Download: (UPDATED)
http://www.denacke.net/Dibo/maps/ctf_Yakr.PMS

- Apr-16: Download updated, fixed and waypointed version

Eagles_Arrows
April 10, 2006, 2:41 am
Cool.

I do see some similarities.

Meesa waypoints!

Deleted User
April 10, 2006, 3:50 am
Mmm. I like the how there's two routes to the flags. Nice rounding of the edges as well. My only complaint is that perhaps the new vertical chutes will make for some abusive nade spamming. =x Hurry up Eagles.

Edit: Perhaps something similar to this?

vash763
April 10, 2006, 6:11 am
Looks good, better than any remakes I have seen.

And I think Azn's suggestion would be a great solution.

grand_diablo
April 11, 2006, 1:20 am
ive tried azns solution. It seemed a good idea, but unfortuneately its causing defenders to camp at those things, having even more protection while spamming the pit with nades.

Pride
April 11, 2006, 1:32 am
Just to pop in and make a comment, what if those were colliders?

rabidhamster
April 11, 2006, 1:56 am
Reminds me of Neo-Kampf (the second route). Who made that anyway?

Keron Cyst
April 11, 2006, 3:12 am
Aah, that map! I remember the blueprint you showed in IRC. :-)

I can't believe you made Kampf2k4.

grand_diablo
April 11, 2006, 9:31 am
@Pride: IF those were colliders, the flagger would never ever be able to escape properly, as hed be pushed back by exploding nades all the the time. Maybe its better to wait for the last nades to be dropped down, then float a bit above them and let yourself get boosted out rapidly >:)

But well see, Im waiting for someone to test this map in Public (its already on the p-L Pub) and especially CW conditions.

EDIT:
Map proofed to be very fun on the p-L and TBA public. Tho, there were some flaws (too many nades, too few jetfuel, some minor polybugs.

Ive fixed all that and uploaded this version, yet Id like it to be waypointed before itll replace the old version.

In case someone would like to waypoint it, get it here:
http://www.denacke.net/Dibo/maps/ctf_Yakr_.PMS

Id really appreciate it!

Eagles_Arrows
April 14, 2006, 11:34 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by Eagles_Arrows
Meesa waypoints!

grand_diablo
April 14, 2006, 11:38 pm
uh, kind of didnt see that O.o

Dunno if you have started doing so already, but I hope you can c&p waypoints from one map to another in Polyworks ^^

If that is not possible and you have already started wping the "old" version, dont restart on the updated one, Ill just reimprove it when its finished.

Thanks in advance, keep me up to date ;)

Eagles_Arrows
April 14, 2006, 11:53 pm
i saved the waypoints in a prefab and imported it onto the new version so there's no need for you to reimprove :)

Keron Cyst
April 15, 2006, 12:53 am
That is such a small map. You haven't gotten it done? If you don't care if your work is wasted, can I waypoint it, then?

Eagles_Arrows
April 15, 2006, 2:33 am
!>Waypointed Version<!

Was watching a 4v4 botmatch and Alpha won 3-1 xP Hoorah! Waypoints function (at least 95% of the time)!

Raptor
April 15, 2006, 2:40 am
Ohh come on grand diablo, at first I though it was going to be a better version of CTF Kampf, but I've seen better ones... well... yea... the maps is pretty good but I know you can do better xD

Keron Cyst
April 15, 2006, 8:00 am
 Quote:Originally posted by --Jake--Stop yer [CENSORED]ing. I love this map for small battles, and it's great to see you know everything about mapping.
Erm, I was referring to Eagles_Arrows in how long it took him to waypoint such a small map. Small maps rock, dude.

grand_diablo
April 16, 2006, 12:11 am
Download is updated. The new version is now wypted by Eagles Arrows and does additionally offer a few more sceneries, more jetfuel and solved polybugs. Also, for gameplay issues, the max. amount of nadecrates to exist at the same time was lowered from 5 to 4.

Redownload and have fun!

Michal Marcinkowski
April 17, 2006, 10:07 am
This is a really nice remake. It's funny to see my concept evolve like this. The gameplay is really smooth, this is what I like about this map, constant action. The original ctf_kampf is a bit uneven because you can't do a M79 escape from the blue base.

KamikazeDuck
April 17, 2006, 10:39 am
Nice how you fixed those chutes and didn't ditch the map. I will download.