( search forums )
I gots a PSP!
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
Captain Ben
April 11, 2006, 12:19 pm
As the title implies, I gots a PSP for my birthday along with Liberty City Stories, and the thing is way, way better than I thoguht it would be, aside from the joystick thing being in a very uncomfortable spot for my big pirate hands.

Anyway, I was hoping that anyone else with a PSP here could recommend any games worth buying and also good downloads I should keep an eye out for, such as homebrew games and emulators (links as well please).
With emulators though, if I grab a PSP emulator and whack any rom I already have on with it, will it work? Just wondering, anyone who knows anything about that, please speak up about it.
Also, my PSP has version 2.0 and I've heard that I should downgrade to 1.50 to take full advantage of the homebrew stuff. Instructions on how to install the stuff on to my PSP would also be appreciated.

And yes, from previous discussions around PSPs, I know that alot of you hate them and think they're useless. Please don't litter this thread with pointless fanboy and hater posts.

Thanks and please don't stray off topic.

Deleted User
April 11, 2006, 12:22 pm
I forgot what that game is with those fast jet car things 0_0 funny game though :)

numgun
April 11, 2006, 1:23 pm
wipeout pure. (dascoo is talking about)

btw, isnt nintendo gamecube wonderful?

a-4-year-old
April 11, 2006, 1:35 pm
spend about 800 dollars on games movies and assesories to really take advanatage of the thing.

all i know is:
x-men sucks THE LOADING THE HORRIBLE LOADING
you "can't" downgrade but you can upgrade to 2.whatever
don't bother with a hard case
most people say that the online play is mostly pointless.

Captain Ben
April 11, 2006, 2:29 pm
Wipe Out Pure is abhorrent. I tried it out on my cousin's PSP and absolutely hated it.
A4YO, I looked at a few websites, and www.psp-hacks.com has stuff that allows you to downgrade, but I'm not sure if it'sworth it or not.
Numgun, what the hell do Gamecubes have to do with this?

thekingkitty
April 11, 2006, 2:51 pm
uh if your looking for games there are alot of consoles to psp transitions, like Prince of Persia, and Katamary, and coming soon is Splinter Cell. But lots of people say all these console games suffer from the analog problem though..

Cookie.
April 11, 2006, 3:17 pm
get the game mercury its pretty cool :)

Echo_Trail
April 11, 2006, 3:19 pm
I'll bet you 5 bugs someone asks you to try and put soldat on it.

I'd like a psp though. w2g Ben!

Deleted User
April 11, 2006, 4:11 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by Captain Ben
Please don't litter this thread with pointless fanboy and hater posts.

Damnit...

ONTOPIC: Well, if you wanna know some games you should stay away from, check out websites such as [URL] or search G4's website for X-Play ratings. I suggest you go to unbiased websites...

Deleted User
April 11, 2006, 4:14 pm
PSP SUX!

i tried it, and the battery lasts for just a couple of hours!

grand_diablo
April 11, 2006, 4:58 pm
if youre into soccer, get Pro Evolution Soccer 5. My friend got it on his PSP and its awesome (not as awesome as the pc/playstation version tho)

numgun
April 11, 2006, 6:39 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by Captain Ben
Thanks and please don't stray off topic.

Quote:Originally posted by Captain BenNumgun, what the hell do Gamecubes have to do with this?

kekekeke... ^_^

?
April 11, 2006, 6:41 pm
Drop the psp, get a ds, wireless internet connection pwns.

Captain Ben
April 12, 2006, 4:20 am
Wow guys, thanks for totally reading the [CENSORED]ing post.
Numgun, if you don't have anything useful to say, please [CENSORED] off. HHH I don't care what you have to say so just... leave.
?, I have a DS and wifi, and its good fun, although save the DS stuff for another time (I'm nice to you because you're sexy).

Mister Angry, thanks for that...
About the internet play; do you need to get something for your computer to use the internet play, like the Nintendo DS has that USB connector? Also are there any good online games?

a-4-year-old
April 12, 2006, 2:49 pm
i dont think it would be wise to downgrade, because
1. TEH BRWOZR
2. bug fixes and such
3. you need to update to play certain games
4. although you can hack the game to change it, it lets you set your own background/picture
alot of other reasons i dont feel like typing

?
April 12, 2006, 8:00 pm
 Quote:?, I have a DS and wifi, and its good fun, although save the DS stuff for another time (I'm nice to you because you're sexy).
*ehug*

reckon
April 13, 2006, 1:19 am
trade it in and get a ds lite.
Wait what.

Swarmer
April 13, 2006, 5:03 am
zomg cnat u liek play soldat on psps?

Deleted User
April 13, 2006, 6:04 am
omfg, what if we put soldat on the PSP? genius!

vash763
April 13, 2006, 6:58 am
OMFG KAZUKIASKZIA ALRRDY DYD IT MORON

Anyways, I saw somewhere that they are making a Gun: Showdown game for the psp. The first one was pretty good, but far to short.

-VzX- Silverflame
April 13, 2006, 3:51 pm
i have soldat on my psp *hugs psp* ^_^

JK!!!!!!!!
Captain Ben, from all the games i have seen and read up on, dont get any games other than shooters, all the others in my opinion are C class......