( search forums )
Infantry weapons
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - Show off your partially 1337 mods!
yamo
April 11, 2006, 1:06 pm
This is my very first attempt at modding.

Update
The SAR 5.6 has been released (mp5)

images
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]

~changes made in mod~
steyr aug graphics
steyr aug fire and load sounds (thanks to franz)
stationary gun graphics
USSOCOM graphics
USSOCOM Fire and load sounds (thanks to Rhombus)
mp5 sounds
mp5 graphics

Download (you must wait like 45 secs before it starts)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VK0YFTPS

Rhombus
April 11, 2006, 2:06 pm
If I'm correct, It doesn't really look like an OICW....
which doesn't matter, it looks pretty damn good.

Deleted User
April 11, 2006, 3:07 pm
I have to agree with Rhombus. The OICW doesnt look like OICW ...lol
But I love the stat gun...

rabidhamster
April 11, 2006, 6:47 pm
I don't mind when this happens, but other modders will tell you this: Only use absolute black on the outline of the gun in the interface-gfx.

Looks great, although I wish you supplied a weapons.ini :(

yamo
April 11, 2006, 9:30 pm
Thanks for the comments, yea i know it doesnt look a whole lot like the real oicw. o well, maybe i will improve on it.

what is the purpose of making the outline full black? and what is the weapons.ini? im new to this.

rabidhamster
April 11, 2006, 9:56 pm
1. If you look at the default guns, you'll notice that black is barely used on them, except for the outline of the interface guns. Everywhere else, there's virtually no absolute black.

2. Weapons.ini is a file located in the Soldat directory. It contained the damage values of each gun, the firing rate, ammo clip size, et cetera. Make a copy of that and name it OICW_mod.ini (no spaces are allowed). Mod the new .ini file to your likings, then start up a game in Soldat (do not join a game, start one). While playing, type in /loadwep OICW_mod and press enter. Then, type in /kill and press enter. This will bring up the weapon menu. Choose the OICW, and it should be modded.

NOTE: Using decimal values in the .ini files messes up Soldat.

yamo
April 11, 2006, 10:09 pm
thanks i will keep all that in mind for future mods. although, i doubt i will be able to use black only on the outline, i shall try!

rabidhamster
April 12, 2006, 12:24 am
Instead of using black, try using RGB(48,48,48,).

Deleted User
April 12, 2006, 1:11 am
hmm, the shading is great, but the detail is lacking...

Final Opinion:
nice :)

Rhombus
April 12, 2006, 7:32 am
yamo, don't improve this.
It may not look like an OICW, but it looks great.
If you really want an OICW, improve it... but keep this one as it is, and let us download this imaginary weapon :) It's really good. I'm looking forward to a full mod, made by you.

edak
April 12, 2006, 7:35 am
'tis a very nice weapon, even if there's no abs-black

yamo
April 12, 2006, 12:50 pm
yea if i improve i will keep this version. hmm full mod? haha might be awhile until i release one of those. hardest part is coming up with an original idea X_x.

abs-black?

Deleted User
April 12, 2006, 1:13 pm
Doesn't really look like an OICW...

Anyway, the government scrapped the OICW project because it was way too heavy for an infantry weapon (I think upwards of 21 pounds), which is why there is development of the XM8.

papasurf31
April 12, 2006, 3:03 pm
Which is completely unnessecary and overbudgeted. It's just not worth it, America's attempt to standardize a new military weapon as well as an accessory mounting system. I think the hk-416 conversion is amuch more viable option there.

Oh, and this mod is nice. Nothing like an OICW, but still nice.

yamo
April 12, 2006, 3:41 pm
they scrapped it...i guess the article I read was out of date >_<. to bad, it seemed like a real nice weapon. and thanks for the comments.

Mäjsseli
April 13, 2006, 1:49 pm
Hey yamo. I like this style. U should make a complete set of weapons of this style. Nice going there pal. Keep it up!

Deleted User
April 16, 2006, 5:38 pm
Ussocom is looking nice...

Deleted User
April 17, 2006, 2:58 am
I love this style too. A full mod would be orgasmic...

Rhombus
April 17, 2006, 8:21 am
Damn... yamo, you're a keeper!

Mäjsseli
April 17, 2006, 10:23 am
I think that picp is way too big. Try to make it smaller

yamo
April 17, 2006, 12:53 pm
yea, i knew someone would say its to big xD. I will see what i can do to make it a little smaller. thanks for the comments.

Rhombus
April 17, 2006, 4:14 pm
Ehm... how did I help you with the sounds? I remember being drunk last night... but... I didn't help... did I?

yamo
April 17, 2006, 9:43 pm
you dont remember helping last night? hmm well you were very drunk. lol na, on solatmods.tk the DE .50 mod is by someone named "Rhombus" (i asume you are the same person) i used the sounds in that mod. if thats not ok i will remove them.

oh and would anyone be interested if i released a blood mod (tons more blood X_x)? you can see how it looks in my avatar (minus the blue explosion). although that was my earlier version, now the blood is a little darker.

Raptor
April 18, 2006, 3:53 pm
I've never ever liked mods, but your title and weapons pulled my attention to this thread... nice mod!

Rhombus
April 18, 2006, 6:10 pm
heh... you just took my sound... naughty boy!!!!

nah, I don't care... I just took it of the internet and edited it a little too ^^
At least somebody knows and appreciates my work ^^
Thank you :)

PS ys that is me

Mäjsseli
April 19, 2006, 1:27 pm
Hmm. I gotta ask. Did u draw those by fair hand. I mean u didnt shrunk them and make outlines and then re-shading?

Rhombus
April 19, 2006, 3:01 pm
Lol.. it doesn't have the shape of an OICW... how the heck could you think he shrunk them XD

yamo
April 19, 2006, 3:37 pm
yea i drew them. outlines, coloring, shading. pixel art is easy xD

Mäjsseli
April 19, 2006, 6:36 pm
I was beeing sarcastic. :D It was obvios. But i still like them. I like them alot. Are you planning to do a full modification?

Rhombus
April 19, 2006, 6:48 pm
mayonaise even finds it easy... omg this will become something niiiiice

yamo
April 19, 2006, 9:33 pm
mayonaise???

Rhombus
April 20, 2006, 8:00 am
yamo... mayo... whatever...

Pr0digy
April 21, 2006, 3:00 am
Pixel art can get hard depending out what program you are using, like photoshop.